Senior Solution Engineer (100414)
Diversity of backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and experiences is vital to our culture and the way we do business. Creating an environment where differences are embraced and where every person feels engaged and included makes us safer, stronger, and more successful.
With a history dating back to 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse U.S. publicly traded water and wastewater utility company. The company employs more than 7,000 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to 15 million people in 46 states. American Water provides safe, clean, affordable and reliable water services to our customers to help make sure we keep their lives flowing. For more information, visit amwater.com and follow American Water on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
This role is responsible for the requirements analysis and detailed design of business processes in the one or more functional domains, for configuration and testing of SAP applications, and for related deployment activities.
- SAP FICO Analyst should have strong experience in design and configuration of SAP Finance ad Controlling modules.
- Experience in gathering business requirements, providing conceptual and detailed designs to meet business needs, performing necessary SAP configurations, writing detail specifications for development of custom programs, testing, coordination of transports to production and post go live support.
- Should have proven working knowledge of SAP FICO including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger Accounting, Controlling and Intercompany Process
- Strong experience in implementing SAP FSCM (Financial Supply Chain Management) including In House Cash and Treasury and Risk Management, Automatic Payment Run and Payment Requests, EBS (Electronic Bank Statement) and Lockbox process
- Analyzes and documents requirements and design solutions for the business process scenarios
- Realizes the technology solution in order to fulfill business requirements, including design frameworks, documentation and proof of concept needs while adhering to documentation, configuration, security, development, and testing standards and guidelines. This includes:
- Completing the functional and technical specification
- Ensuring proper set up of roles and authorizations
- Completing the configuration build and initial testing
- Establishing the configuration related to organizational structure, business process, and master data
- Technical development of RICEFW(s), specific composite, and/or mobile applications
- Ensuring functional correctness by testing the integration of the solution with other applications
- Analyzes existing custom developments, objects, and modifications, and evaluate the impact of changes on them.
- Provides input for the setup and creation of the individual transports
Solution Roadmap Development
- Assist in the effort to develop plans that match short-term and long-term business goals with specific solutions to help meet those goals. The plan applies to enhance systems, new system, or process or to an emerging business process or technology solution.
- Working with the line of business leaders and industry experts, ensure the plans help 1) reach a consensus about a set of needs and the solutions required to satisfy those needs, 2) provide a mechanism to help forecast solutioning, and 3) provide a framework to help plan and coordinate solution development
- Participate in team development while being accountable for commitments, removing roadblocks for team members work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members.
- Promote empowerment of the team, ensure that peer team members are fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high levels of quality for the team.
- Perform as a team of strategic, creative, and solution professionals who partner with employees to solve business problems and meet meaningful business goals
- Work to become a specialist in a particular field of knowledge [this may be a business/functional area, process domain and/or systems] and provide detailed information and advice as necessary in that specialization in order to achieve business outcomes
- Help to develop and/or promote solutions which support the business requirements within their area of expertise. Be accountable for specific deliverables in relation to software or web development and/or support
- As needed, lead the solutions engineering activity within their area of specialization
Enterprise Systems Operations & Support
- Support the peer Technology & Innovation teams in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance.
- Engage closely with business partners to understand what business objectives they want to accomplish through solutions enablement and then work with the peer T&I teams & partners to ensure the solutions reach successful implementation of busines results.
- Experience with SAP FICO functional solutions architecture.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of FI Integration with Contract Account Receivables (FICA), HTR, SD and MM, EAM), 3rd Party Tax systems (Sabrix/One Source or similar – Vertex/Taxware).
- Sound knowledge and understanding of SAP OpenText Vendor Invoice Management.
- Experience with all aspects of the system implementation including, but not limited to, gathering requirements, designing the future state solution, the development objects related to their process scope, as well as supporting testing and post implementation support.
- Experience with all phases of an implementation including business process blueprint, detailed design, configuration, testing, and support.
- Good aptitude for building data analytics using industry leading tools like Power BI, Tableau etc.
- 7+ years’ experience in SAP FICO preferably Utilities industry
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in SAP FSCM (Financial Supply Chain Management) including In-house Cash, Treasury and Risk Management – Transaction Manager (Short Term and Long-Term Debt process, Securities, Bonds) and Cash Position
- Should have SAP BRF+ experience in creating Functions, Rules/Expressions and Rule-sets for Dunning by collection strategy.
- 3+ years’ experience in Suite on HANA
- Ability to gather and analyze internal business requirements by means of interviews, workflow analyses and facilitated discussions with users.
- Ability to translate business requirements into detailed functional designs for development, testing and implementation.
- Configure SAP modules in line with design requirements as well as peer review designs / configuration from other Functional Analysts in the SAP area
- Ability to identify and communicate risks and issues affecting business rules, functional requirements and specifications.
- Ability to create and maintain testing scripts in SAP Solution Manager.
- Minimum of 6 to 8 years of experience with SAP configuration and support in the FICO area and experience with at least two full SAP system implementations
- BS /MS in Computer Science, Computer Applications , Information Technology , Engineering or MBA or with strong academic background
- As necessary, up to 25%
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.