Senior Solution Engineer - MBB (100862)
Diversity of backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and experiences is vital to our culture and the way we do business. Creating an environment where differences are embraced and where every person feels engaged and included makes us safer, stronger, and more successful.
With a history dating back to 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse U.S. publicly traded water and wastewater utility company. The company employs more than 7,000 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to 15 million people in 46 states. American Water provides safe, clean, affordable and reliable water services to our customers to help make sure we keep their lives flowing. For more information, visit amwater.com and follow American Water on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
The Senior Technologist – MS AX/ CRM will be responsible for technical development lead for the Microsoft Dynamics AX solution landscape. This position will be a key member of American Water’s Enterprise System Operations team within the Technology and Innovation group. The role will be responsible for,
- Responsible for creating and defining a comprehensive solution design for MS Dynamics AX.
- Responsible for providing direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology / product / application to the business.
- Acts as a techno-functional resource providing solutions to the business users.
- Responsible for integrating business needs, technical capability, and business drivers to propose and drive product / solution strategy for multiple programs
- Designs and develops application tables, reports, and new modules to improve system efficiency.
- Leads continuous improvement efforts such as design reviews and code reviews.
- Participate in internal and external audits and facilitate responses to audit requests
- Expert on MS Dynamics AX / CRM platform.
- Strong development experience of working with business and technical developers to translate requirements as solution design lead.
- Strong team leadership experience.
- Experience of using Management Reporter.
- Functional experience of General Ledger, Accounts payable, Accounts receivable and procurement.
- Extensively worked in Reports, Workflows, Interface, and enhancements MS Dynamics AX.
- Experience in Developing reports via MS SQL server or any analytical platforms.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models
- A proven track record of successfully implementing ERP software solutions and integrated third party solutions including 9+ years of experience as a senior applications developer solving complex solutions in a high-tech development environment with multi-function team.
- Proven ability to participate in software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met
- Knowledge of MS Dynamics Migration tools
- Knowledge of Oracle EBS solution
- Knowledge of MS Dynamics 365 would be a plus.
- Knowledge of .NET framework, MS Dynamics architecture (Web Server, App Server, Process Scheduler, Batch Server, and Database Server) and MS Dynamics software development.
- Working knowledge of SharePoint Online, MS Platforms (Power BI, Power Apps, Flow, etc.)
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools: Azure DevOps, Team Foundation Server or equivalent, Microsoft Project, Visio, and all Office Tools
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, or equivalent with programming experience
- 10+ years of Experience on MS Dynamics AX platform.
- 6+ years of hands-on development and debugging experience MS Dynamics AX.
- Certification of Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
- Excellent decision-making ability, balancing what is right with what is realistic
- Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change
- Possess a high energy level, sense of urgency, decisiveness, and an ability to work well under pressure
- Possess a curiosity and a passion towards engaging the imagination of line of business leaders in grasping and enabling the fundamentals of change
- Demonstrated ability to work and team with a multitude of different people from various lines of business
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for a wide variety of audiences including proven ability to deliver conference presentations
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while simultaneously maintaining the “Big Picture” view
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.