Senior Network Engineer (32936)
Amentum is currently seeking a Senior Network Engineer to join our team and support our Washington, DC customer.
What you'll do:
- Perform day-to-day activities required to manage data services, such as network design, implementation, and management, to include troubleshooting of complex network issues.
- Provide daily supervision and direction to support staff, to include technical and administrative direction.
- Collaborate with network architects to design and implement functional network capabilities for the SEC.
- Install and configure networking hardware.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex network related issues.
- Create and implement network security measures.
- Manage and mentor junior Network Engineering staff.
- Conduct regular network performance tests.
- Delegate networking maintenance tasks to junior staff.
- Deal with escalated network support issues.
- Develop network status reports.
- Support tasks and activities that ensures SLA deliverables success.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, math, engineering and at least 7-9 years of experience in telecommunication analysis, or equivalent.
- Experience must include a minimum of 5 years of related experience managing data networks, possessing extensive skills and knowledge in network design, architecture, troubleshooting, and management.
- Must have experience with Kiwi, DHCP, TACACS, and Out-of-Band (OOB) networks.
- Ability to obtain and pass SEC suitability determination.