Senior Frontend Engineer - React ( 581108-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
You’re passionate and curious about technology, drones, aviation, or all of the above. You have experience working with 100% SaaS architecture, peer mentorship and implementation of front-end architectures using React. As a Senior Front-End Engineer, you will design, develop, and implement new capabilities for the Skyward Platform that scale and encourage best practice. You will participate in a collaborative Agile team environment and build features that not only meet customer requirements, but help Skyward pave the future in an incredibly innovative industry.
- Actively participate as part of a team of engineers responsible for the Skyward Platform.
- Utilize the React framework to structure new UI’s with an eye towards deprecating the Angularjs pieces of our application.
- Contribute to Agile team ceremonies such as planning, scoping and retrospectives.
- Work with UX specialists to make interfaces appealing, easy, attractive and simple.
- Collaborate with back-end engineers to evolve architectural best practices that ensure scalable, reusable and reliable implementations.
- Provide mentorship for the team and align around front-end best practices utilizing React.
- Practice, teach and evolve our front-end testing strategy utilizing Test Driven Development techniques.
- Participate in code reviews and pair programming exercises that encourage continuous learning.
- Keep abreast of technology trends and work to apply them when appropriate.
Where You'll Be Working:
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Four or omre years of front-end development experience.
- Two or more years of experience integrating React frameworks and functionality.
- Two or more years of experience with database technologies (Postgres, MySql, etc) including SQL.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Experience working in a startup environment.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative Agile team.
- Demonstrated aptitude and desire to learn new skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to embrace change and work in a fast paced, iterative environment.
- Ability to develop an understanding of the commercial UAS marketplace and customers’ needs.
- Test Driven Development experience.
- PostGIS experience.
- Experience with Angularjs 1.X
- Experience leveraging architectural patterns for integrating React frameworks.
- Experience with building responsive Single Page Applications using RESTful web services and processing JSON data.
- Experience with enterprise systems (and related frameworks like Spring Boot), SSO frameworks/approaches, and data stores.
- Experience with continuous integration application delivery, including provisioning, deployment, testing and version control.
- Experience developing and implementing automated unit tests using technologies like JUnit, JSUnit, Jest, Enzyme and other xUnit testing frameworks.
- Experience working within an Agile team environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).