Senior Engineer - Consumer Product Innovation ( 581793-1C )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon is seeking highly motivated candidates with broad technology experience to join the Innovation & Product Realization team that supports VCG (Verizon Consumer Group). In this exciting position, and as part of the fast-paced Consumer Technology & Product Development Engineering team, you will play an integral role establishing and nurturing external engagements with various industry partners and stakeholders, including top entrepreneurs, start-ups, inventors/disruptors, technology innovators, product/service companies, and VCs. Your focus in this role will be to scout technologies, validate technical product/market fit, build initial business cases, build prototypes, and integrate and validate technologies from a variety of sources that can be scaled up as revenue generating future products/services.
- Define new product/service concepts with potential to drive new revenue, build out business cases, including startup/ongoing cost, estimate market size/revenue potential, competitive trends and product/market fit.
- Evaluate next generation technology, competitive trends.
- Apply user-centered design thinking for early product ideation and pitching to business and other cross-functional stakeholders by defining personas and user journey for prospective products.
- Lead innovation with stunning visual designs and effectively communicate them through wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, prototypes etc.
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards during ideation sessions.
- Develop use cases that will take advantage of future 5G networks to complement/supplement or create new revenues streams for Verizon.
- Engage and collaborate with cross functional teams including Network, IT and others to drive architecture and design.
- Develop and implement proof-of-concepts and customer trials, executing technology verification and validation, and documenting results, findings, and KPIs.
- Research and stay up-to-date on the current state-of-the-art and future technology trends, primarily within the evolving mobile ecosystem/value chain, key players within segments, and current/emerging business models.
- Analyze and discover new insights that will translate into emerging products and services to drive new revenue and delight Verizon customers and capture developers’ mindset.
What we’re looking for...
You will need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills and ability to defend design decisions across teams.
- Experience with architecture and system flows to put together user journey for solutions.
- Experience working in an agile environment and with rapid prototyping.
- Experience with at least two or more of the following technologies: AR/VR, 5G, Immersive Media, FinTech, Security, Gaming, Cloud, Connected Health, Education, Artificial Intelligence, and Machine Learning.
- Experience managing partner/startup relationships to drive POC deliverables.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
Even better if you have:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer or Communications Engineering, Computer Science, or a closely related field. MS/PhD preferred.
- Eight or more years of experience in research or commercial product development (higher layers of technology stack and software focus is desired).
- 5G and MEC experience.
- Strong and diverse technology experience.
Verizon will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).