Senior QA Automation Engineer ( 581058-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
You will be part of a cross-functional engineering team delivering key features for our award-winning SAAS offering, Reveal. As a Senior QA engineer you will be working directly with UX, BA and full stack engineers to deliver coded automated tests for browser and mobile based applications in a CI/CD environment, following Kanban methodologies.
- Testing case development based on functional and technical requirements.
- Setting up and monitoring of automation test suites as part of CI/CD pipeline.
- Working directly with our architecture team defining best in class automation test tools and frameworks.
- Working with product and engineering team members defining and managing feature backlogs.
- Maintaining bug backlogs - triaging and prioritizing with stakeholders.
- Advocating for QA and defining/maintaining quality standards within your team.
- Coaching / mentoring junior developers.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Strong experience in agile/lean methodologies and processes (ideally Kanban or scrum) leading process improvements and engineering disciplines.
- Experience mentoring junior developers.
- Experience working in larger project and team environments with product, application support and operations teams.
- Demonstrated delivery of major projects with a focus on quality and productivity.
- Strong experience in Unit Testing.
Even better if you have:
- Six or more years of experience in software development.
- Communication skills both written and oral - comfortable presenting to their team and wider groups.
- Ability to lead systems analysis with application design individually and with an architecture team to deliver detailed application specifications.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and /or guide a team.
- Ability to coach, mentor and influence colleagues through testing strategies and implementations.
- Knowledge of testing fundamentals and best practices - development of test cases, edge case and boundary testing, smoke tests, regression tests and defining/testing non-functional application requirements.
- Five or more years of experience in coded test automation in C# (ideally .Net Core).
- Knowledge of Mobile and Web UI / Browser based testing on modern UI frameworks.
- Experience using Selenium Web Driver 2/3 and Visual Studio delivering coded automation tests
- Experience developing test automation frameworks.
- Experience in a CI/CD environment maintaining ‘green board’’ policies, and driving test coverage statistics and defect reporting.
- Advanced level understanding of Object Oriented/SOLID Design principles and practices and their application as design patterns in automated testing.
- Professional experience using mobile automation tools such as Appium.
- Cross browser testing experience.
- Experience with Multi-Threading and parallel testing.
- Strong SQL experience for data set up and verification - in high volume, high throughput environments.
- Experience with test case management tools such as Test Rail.
- Advanced level experience testing RESTful API architectures through code-based testing.
- Hands-on experience testing Microservices or Service Oriented Architectures.
- Ability to read and understand production code to aid in test generation process.
- Experience managing defect backlogs and requirements management with tools such as JIRA.
- Experience with GIT or related source control tools.
- Advocate/ambassador of clean code practices and processes
- Demonstrated performance testing experience (JUnit, Loadrunner or other tools)
- Knowledge of Test Driven Development and Domain Driven Design
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).