Senior Quality Engineer ( R-00065444 )
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Security Detection & Automation Operation is the cornerstone of Leidos’ comprehensive suite of fully-integrated security detection and automation solutions for aviation, ports and borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world, with more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries. Leidos is positioned to address emerging and evolving threats through rapid development of innovative solutions for our global customers. Leidos’ SDA Operation, in conjunction with the TSA, also performs on-call, onsite installation servicing of X- Ray Detection Equipment using leading edge technology to ensure the safety of our clients, customer and passengers. The Security Detection and Automation Operation is comprised of these divisions to align with our customers’ missions and needs:
Interested in working alongside a team that helps keep our nation safe as it pertains to travel? We have an immediate need for a Sr. Quality Engineer in Tewksbury, MA to help optimize our Leidos Security Products, namely the Compact Advanced Personnel Screening Equipment ProVision 2 to start!
Job Description Summary:
The Sr. Quality Engineer’s mission is to improve the customer experience of Leidos Security Detection & Automation products by reducing significant field issues that are reported by our customers and field technicians. In this very important role, you will lead efforts to drive corrective actions for recurrent failures of our systems in the field. The Security Detection & Automation division is the leading supplier of security detection systems with a focus on checkpoint, checked baggage, air cargo and ports & borders security screening systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Fielded Systems Performance:
- Monitor field product performance and identify trending issues; prioritize based on severity, occurrence, safety and/or cost of each failure mode
- Establish and communicate performance metrics for fielded scanner systems at TSA and other key customer sites around the globe
- Conduct detailed failure analysis, identifying root-cause of problems across multiple disciplines (mechanical, electrical, firmware)
Supplier Quality Improvements:
- Work with critical Contract Manufacturers and suppliers to address root cause of failures
- Collaborate with Supplier Quality Managers, Product Engineering and Supply Chain teams to drive containment, corrective and preventive actions
- Support suppliers in the development, approval and execution of process validation protocols and reports for critical processes
- At key supplier sites, lead risk management activities, including the development and implementation of FMEAs, process control plans, and quality agreements
- Lead transfer of new and enhanced products from Leidos engineering team to contract manufacturer; implement validation processes including First Article, Factory Acceptance testing, etc.
- Lead CAPA reviews at weekly Quality meetings and prioritize actions to drive closure
- Support ISO 9001 certification by conducting internal audits, reviewing procedures and maintaining quality standards internally and with key suppliers
- Support Material Review Board by analyzing recurrent part failures
- Identify and lead cross-functional continuous improvement projects
Successful candidate must have:
- Minimum of 5 years applicable skills/experience in manufacturing engineering /quality engineer including PCBA assembly, electronic assembly processes, and/or supplier qualification
- Experience with ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems
- Project management experience in cross-functional technical programs
- Experience with CAPA and 8D structured problem solving to address root cause of failures
- Proficient statistical analysis skills; Working knowledge of Quality Data and Quality Data systems
- Ability to independently manage complex tasks and assignments and lead them to timely completion
- Strong leader with customer focus and influence skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Considered a strong plus:
- Experience in electro-mechanical systems
- Supplier Quality Management experience
- Knowledge of x-ray systems
- Experience with equipment failure analysis
- Six Sigma Belt certification or skills
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.Pay Range: