Senior CAS Product Lead Engineer -Air Traffic ( R-00069674 )
Leidos is seeking a Senior CAS Product Lead Engineer who will be a member of a dynamic team working on the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Time Based Flow Management (TBFM) program. The purpose of TBFM is to maximize use of available National Airspace System (NAS) resources, while minimizing delays and disruptions to aircraft operators and their customers, as well as reducing fuel burn and engine emissions thereby decreasing user operational costs.
The CAS Lead will work within the Air Traffic Management engineering organization and will be supporting the FAA TBFM program.
Senior CAS Product Lead Engineer responsibilities as a member of a team:
• Investigate systemic issues on a higher scale by identifying maintenance or security problems requiring new versions for products and devise a roll out plan for new features/versions
• System enhancement support for prototyping and engineering
• Perform security audits
• Maintain ownership of products such as MongoDb, ActiveMQ, RedHat, Configuration Scripts, all SLOC/scripts associated with CAS products
• Be able to develop in-depth view of how our CAS products work
• Configure CAS in our environment using defined aspects of the design in the SDDs affecting the CAS baseline and use those descriptions as guidance for configuring CAS
• Understand why CAS behaves the way it does when possible issues are encountered and provide deeper analysis by looking at logs for the CAS product when issues are encountered with domain applications
• Utilize all resources available, including internet searches, to identify bugs in the CAS that could cause the problem, configuration / setup that causes the problem, or our how our domain applications interact with the CAS
• Create a CAS SW Architecture Document
• Support Builds & Controls team for version management and troubleshooting as needed to support builds
• Perform installation of CAS products.
• Assist in test plan creation.
• Identify triage testing issues related to CAS products.
• Requires a Bachelor of Science degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
• In object-oriented design and development with the C++ and/or Java programming language on a large-scale (>20 K-SLOC) development.
• Git or similar version control tool.
• Software development in a Linux/Unix environment
• Experience with following a documented software process
• A strong working knowledge of the software engineering life cycle
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical, and written skills
• Self-Starter and ability to multitask
• Ability to work effectively both individually and within a team
• Working experience in FAA ATC programs
• Knowledge of C, Ada, Perl, scripting languages
• Demonstrated leadership experience