Senior Field Engineer ( R-00070079 )
Leidos is looking for a Senior Field Engineer with a TS/SCI polygraph to support work on an information technology (IT) contract in the Northern VA area. The Field Engineer is responsible for the operations and management of the network equipment, provide hardware/software support and other ad hoc requirements of a technical nature to support client infrastructure. The work will vary based on site specific requirements, but shall include, as applicable, the following types of activities:
- Perform the physical setup and configuration of desktop hardware and software to include external peripherals that may be required.
- Troubleshoot desktop and network anomalies and contact the appropriate groups for additional support.
- Maintain hardware and software inventory.
- Serve as technical liaison between the site and the appropriate technical business unit for resolution of IT issues and system upgrades.
- Resolve routine problems for applications and data access.
- Report unresolved problems to appropriate technical personnel.
- Order equipment as needed.
- Perform all tasks associated with being a component administrator.
- Build workstations per established procedures.
- Manage software and hardware support as needed.
- Assist with data transfers.
- Provide scanning.
- Create new user accounts, maintain existing accounts and troubleshoot user login or access issues.
- Monitor server activities and provide Tier I technical support.
- Perform daily backups.
- Perform as the on-site network support representative.
- Maintain and troubleshoot all on-site networking hardware.
- Coordinate updates to networking hard drive with respective network engineering components.
- Add/remove physical connectivity to various networks for users, based on needs.
- Maintain documentation.
- Ensure connectivity.
- Monitor security log files.
- Video Conferencing
- Create and coordinate meetings, assist with conference support.
- Support maintenance and setup of equipment.
- Phone systems.
- Maintain operational status of all phone systems.
- Report and coordinate repairs as needed.
- Specialized software/databases.
- Provide project management support for all new initiatives relating to the various systems supported.
- Coordinate with outside vendors to get building installation and maintenance completed.
- Assist with maintaining access control systems and alarm system accesses as needed.
- Escort as needed
- Provide user training as needed on all relevant IT topics.
- FedEx and UPS Shipment.
- Shipment sanitization and preparation.
- After hours response/resolution and technical issues.
- Support after hours high precedence responses.
- Awareness to HVAC issues for management of systems and technical interface with local HVAC service provider.
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Requires BA and 12+ years' experience. Additional experience in lieu of degree.
- Experience in IP Related Services: TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, PPP, and SIP.
- Experience with DS3/1 end user equipment.
- Knowledge of Cisco routers and switches.
- Experience with commercial PBXs and associated telephones, VOIP/data telephony.
- Experience with UPS systems and AD/DC power systems, to include install/connection.
- Working knowledge of CAT5, CAT6 cable, connectors, and demonstrated capability of fabrication of equipment to meet the setup needs of services being provided.
- General to strong knowledge of fiber, servers, routers, edge switches and desktop hardware.
- Remedy, VISIO, and MS Office.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering or related field and successful software engineering experience; of if no degree, relevant experience performing engineering functions in the field on programs of similar size, scope, and complexity