Senior Engineer - Openstack ( 575687-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
VCP Edge is an OpenStack based hardware and software platform designed to support the deployment of virtualized applications into regional VZW sites. You will support the engineering, operations, and maintenance of the VCP Edge platform deployed in 55regional sites and two centralized data centers.
- Deploying, upgrading, and supporting the VCP Edge platform.
- Looking for and exploiting opportunities for operational and management automation while performing as a subject matter expert for the technology.
- Serving as point of escalation for the operations of the system.
- Monitoring the operational status of equipment and take corrective actions where needed as well as engage with vendors, VNF owners and network personnel to resolve issues.
- Monitoring platform efficiencies, for maintaining accurate and up-to-date performance metrics, logging, and alarming as well focusing on operational discipline and security best practices.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Three or more years of UNIX/Linux experience.
- Experience with Enterprise grade hardware (HP, EMC, NetApp).
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
Even better if you have:
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline.
- Ability to use technical and analytical skills to troubleshoot end-to-end and customer interfacing platforms systems.
- Five or more years of telecommunications and/or Information Systems experience.
- RedHat certifications.
- CCNA/CCNP certified or related training/experience.
- Strong Knowledge of IP network services and protocols.
- Experience in reading and writing Shell, Python, or other variations of scripting.
- Knowledge with configuration management and orchestration tools (Ansible, Puppet, Salt).
- Knowledge of file and block IP-based storage networking standards, including iSCSI, NFS, and CIFS.
- Knowledgeable in highly-available geo-redundant solutions.
- Experience in utilizing monitoring tools (Netscout, Sev One, etc.)
- Experience with network tools and packet capture (Irisview, Netscout, Wireshark).
- Knowledge of Common Network Services (DNS, LDAP, NFS, SSH).
- Experience with DBMS (Database systems).
- Experience with Network Routing and Security.
- Experience with Firewalls and Load Balancers.
- Knowledge in LTE/IMS Call Flows.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).