Senior Core Performance Analysis Engineer ( 581943-1C )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Whether it’s coverage, reliability, or speed - Verizon has the best network. Verizon is a leader in innovation by being the first company to launch a commercial 5G network. In addition to amazing speed, 5G will enable next-generation capabilities and innovations in the consumer and industrial spaces. You will be helping build and optimize this new network. Your work will make an impact on the lives of thousands in the future with how they live, work, and play.
- Research and understand the end-to-end network design and call flows to help optimize and improve network accessibility, retainability, mobility, integrity, latency and performance.
- Participate in the planning, testing, and integration phases of various projects to upgrade, redesign, and integrate new and existing services.
- Perform pre/post analysis and apply critical thinking skills to provide clear conclusions, results, and recommendations to peers and leadership.
- Utilize various software tools to proactively identify, investigate, and resolve anomalies with various key performance indicators (KPIs), log messages, call flows, and packet analysis.
- Explore and develop new ways to improve efficiency and effectiveness through developing methods of automation or machine learning for KPI analysis.
- Participate in market-wide initiatives, trials, and FOAs.
- Develop and document standardized procedures, reporting, alerting, and share knowledge amongst other engineers.
*** This role can be located out of any US based Verizon Hub location.****
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home andassigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’re never satisfied with just good enough - curious, not afraid to ask questions, and eager to investigate. You enjoy learning new things and are always looking to improve. You pay attention to small details and are an excellent problem solver with strong critical thinking skills. You are a team player - always willing to share knowledge, communicate effectively, and maintain a positive attitude.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated experience in IP networking, 4G / 5G networks, and/or Data Science, or equivalent coursework in those topics.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- A degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Data Science, Mathematics, or Electrical Engineering.
- Demonstrated knowledge of 3GPP network interfaces, network elements, and call flows for 4G and 5G networks.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Data Science tools (Python / Pandas, Tableau, Qlik, etc.), statistical analysis methodologies, and demonstrated ability to interact with large data sets to deliver insightful analysis / conclusions / and recommendations with supportive evidence.
- Experience with network tools such as SevOne, Irisview, nGenius, Wireshark.
- Demonstrated knowledge of TCP / QUIC performance analysis and SIP/RTP performance analysis.
- Familiarity with cloud-native software platforms and tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, Jaeger, Elastic.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, short term incentives, 401 (k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives,we’ve got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a Connecticut work location, the compensation range for this position is between $90,000 and $168,000 based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This is an incentive based position with the potential to earn more. For part-time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).