Senior Electrical Engineer ( R-00071170 )
Leidos is seeking a highly capable Senior Electrical Engineer to join a team that’s executing multiple contracts and research activities to develop and field maritime sensors, payloads, and supporting infrastructure for next generation unmanned underwater vehicle (UUV) systems. The qualified candidate will work with an intra-disciplinary team to define, design, integrate, test, and operate electrical components, electro-mechanical assemblies, and subsea systems used in maritime applications.
Key aspects of the Senior Electrical Engineer position offers the applicant the opportunity to:
- Design, analyze, and document electrical power components and systems.
- Follow developed product designs through, build, test, and installation.
- Integrate design and process improvements to new and existing systems.
- Present design solutions to program leadership and external customers.
- Analyze, simulate, design, construct and test electronics for digital and analog circuitry in systems requiring custom signal processing, amplification, power management and conversion.
- Evaluate, select, specify, design, modify, test, and/or integrate sensors, cables, connectors, power subsystems (including batteries).
- Generate and maintain engineering drawings in support of manufacturing, review and create engineering change orders (ECOs), as required per ISO9001:2008 policies.
- Develop project test plans and test procedures, provide test planning support, and assist in the execution of both lab testing and at-sea testing.
- Conduct experimental tests on equipment, evaluate results, and develop specifications for deliverable systems.
- Contributes to customer development, test and production activities.
- Supports development of new and updating of existing system design standards to meet specific current and future requirements.
- Effectively document engineering development throughout product development lifecycle
- Up to 25% travel (Post-COVID Restrictions)
- Requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
- Demonstrated experience with Altium Designer or similar circuit design tools.
- Experience in Circuit Card Assembly (CCA) design including: analog, digital, mixed signal, or high voltage designs (> 1kV).
- Working knowledge of MATLAB, VISIO, and LTSpice software packages.
- Experienced in the operation of electronic test equipment including oscilloscopes, multi-meters, power supplies, function generators, insulation resistance testers, etc.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize work without close supervision
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Microsoft Project.
- 3+ years of experience with coding and debugging in C/C++, firmware development in VHDL/Verilog, familiarity with the Xilinx toolchain, or Python Scripting.
- Experience with designing, modeling, trouble shooting, and verifying stability of digital power control loops.
- Develop and execute test software and scripts on Linux/Windows environments.
- Experience with unmanned underwater vehicles (UUVs) and associated electronics/sensors, underwater cables/connectors, control and monitor electronics, power systems, launch and recovery subsystems, and system-to-host interfaces, including acoustic ranging and communications.
- Experience with optics, optical telemetry and electro-optic components.
- Demonstrated knowledge with conversion topologies including Flyback, Buck, PFC, resonant converters, LLC and analog/digital controls loops.
- Active Secret Clearance or above.