Senior Engineer Network Operations ( 585853-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As a Sr Engr Cslt-Ntwk Operations, you will be part of a technical team that supports the Passive Optical Network for Fios 24x7.
- Ensuring the delivery of Internet and Voice network availability to Fios customers by serving as the primary interface for the Fiber Solution Center, Fios NMC and National Operations.
- Investigate individual BPON, GPON and NGPON2 troubles for sectional assessment then correction and/or referral to other organizations.
- Interface with 3rd party PON platform vendors for systemic issues.
- Operational interaction with other internal and external stakeholders who contribute to Fios product performance.
- Create reference documentation for the FSC, NMC and National Operations.
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Three or more years of direct experience with installation and maintenance of passive optical networks including BPON and GPON.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering, information technology IP networking or related technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Experience with installing and maintaining video networks.
- Experience with installing and maintaining broadband home routers.
- Experience in the IP networking industry, preferably at a service provider or networking technology supplier.
- SQL, Python development/scripting experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).