Senior Pulsed Power Engineer ( R-00072217 )
Our Directed Energy team in Albuquerque is looking for a Senior Pulsed Power Engineer to contribute to the research and development of game changing, next-generation technologies. This is an exciting opportunity to work with modern equipment in cutting-edge laboratories at the Air Force Research Laboratories (AFRL) on Kirtland AFB, where you will see designs and ideas transformed into state-of-the art pulsed power devices and high power microwave (HPM) sources and systems. Working alongside our scientists, engineers, and technicians, our successful candidate will be afforded the satisfaction of building and testing new and novel creations in both laboratory and field settings.
• Design, test and characterize novel pulsed power devices and HPM sources and systems, including pulsers, trigger systems, switches, field coils, non-linear transmission lines, HPM amplifiers and antennas.
• Perform all aspects of laboratory and field testing, including setting test goals and schedules, developing test methodologies, setting up and conducting tests, reducing test data, and analyzing results.
• Design, develop, and field diagnostics and data acquisition systems necessary to obtain device and system performance data.
• Master’s degree or higher in Physics, Electrical Engineering or related discipline with six or more years experience working in a research & development environment on pulsed power devices and HPM sources and systems.
• Expertise using data capture and analysis software to evaluate and enhance component and system performance.
• Experience conducting laboratory and field tests of pulsed power devices and HMP sources and systems.
• Ability to work well in a laboratory environment and with engineering peers.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD secret security clearance.
• Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Current DoD secret or higher security clearance.
• Working knowledge of AFRL pulsed power and microwave laboratories on KAFB.
About Our Team
Our Directed Energy team in Albuquerque consists of approximately 100 scientists, engineers, technicians, drafters, fabricators and support staff with backgrounds in advanced physics, electrical and mechanical engineering, electromagnetics, lasers, and high-power microwaves. For over three decades our team has worked with government laboratories to push the limits of the state-of-the-art in several high-tech fields, and continue to do so on several programs.