Senior MongoDB NoSQL Database Engineer ( R-00068414 )
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like a mission you want to be a part of, keep reading!
We are in search of a MongoDB database administrator highly skilled in the use of MongoDB, ElastiCache and Python to join our team based in Woodlawn Maryland. This opening will support the contracts at the Social Security Administration.
This position may require occasional off hours support during system/software upgrades and patches.
Day to Day Responsibilities
Find your “Why” with us!
Every position we take is more rewarding when you know the why behind it. Know your work makes a difference to support those who need it most. If your passion is enabling life changing service to those around, you this is the place for you. Find you passion in a team environment where all members are valued regardless of contractor or employee status. We are excited for you to take your place in our Leidos Family.
Design, build, and automate the MongoDB architecture for open source MongoDB.
- Support modern open source NewSQL and NoSQL platforms, cloud deployment models and test-driven development in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Provide automation of AWS ElastiCache provisioning, administration and maintenance.
- Use Python to automate infrastructure tasks
- Design and develop logical physical database designs from customer requirements.
- Provide advice and support to development resources.
- Provide guidance in the creation and modification of standards and procedures.
- Support the standing standards, policies and procedures of the customer team.
- Provide mentorship to group members and will be expected to help develop and support mid and junior level staff.
- Provide after hours on-call support to apply production packages during non-peak hours.
- Designing, Building, and automating the MongoDB Architecture for open source MongoDB.
- Experience in using Python to automate infrastructure tasks
- Experience on automating ElastiCache provisioning, administration and maintenance
- Expert MongoDB architectural knowledge
- Considered a leader in the field
- Experience working with relational data modeling using tools like Erwin
- Experience working with AWS database services including RDS, EC2, S3,
- Infrastructure and configuration automation.
- Ansible Automation experience
- Working in Agile and DEVOPS environment.
Education & Certifications:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline or equivalent work years