Senior Network Engineer ( R-00073552 )
Leidos is seeking Network Engineers with TS/SCI poly to work on a government (IT) contract in the Chantilly, VA, area. The Network Engineer will provide cradle to grave support to a mission critical project. The selected candidate will maintain the network hardware and software as well as monitor the network to ensure network availability to all system users; and perform the necessary maintenance to support network availability. Tasks may include: participate in the development of new network designs, assess network management architecture, document the architecture, develop test plans, and conduct the testing effort.
Must be dynamic, innovative, self-starting problem solver. Must have the aptitude and attitude to tackle unsolved technical challenges.
- Design, Install, Configure and support the customers data systems
- Maintain the network hardware and software as well as monitor the network to ensure network availability to all system users
- Perform the necessary maintenance to support network availability
- Utilization of various data sources will be necessary to fully understand the issues and inform the solution, have skillsets in network monitoring tools and deep analysis of network data
- Evaluate network service requests and validate/triage inquiries
- Analyze existing and future network infrastructure and services requirements
- Network hardware and software testing, implementation, integration, and management
- Create and update network infrastructure documentation
- Assist with the development of network architecture and roadmaps
- Support network refresh efforts
- Network troubleshooting (Tier 3 & 4 level support)
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- BS and 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or additional relevant experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Experience with networks and secure communications.
- Knowledge of Routing and Switching systems (Cisco & Juniper)
- Hands on experience with firewalls
- Hands on experience establishing and troubleshooting VPNs
- Hands on experience and demonstrated understanding of VMWare
- Hands on experience and demonstrated understanding of IPv6 Networks
- Experience with network performance optimization.
- Knowledge of data center networking.
- Experience with network design, network architecture, and creating network documentation.
- Experience coding in scripting languages (Bash, Python, and/or PowerShell)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Routing & Switching
- Amazon Web Service (AWS) Solutions Architect
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
- VMware Certified Professional