Senior Engineer Network Operations ( 588464-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
You will be responsible for overseeing the operational engineering of the Commercial Data Systems (CDS) platforms Call Session Control Function (CSCF) responsible for all Mobile originated and Mobile terminated calls via SIP signaling, the IP Multimedia Service (IMS) anti-spoofing system that implements the Secure Telephone Identity Revisited(STIR) and Signature-based Handling of Asserted Information Using toKENs (SHAKEN) standards as well be responsible for Openstack tenant operation functions for all these systems.
You will be collaborating with planning, engineering, and operations on application release roadmap and implementation that you own. Additionally, you will work with vendors and various budget teams to ensure execution of the month over month spend is met as per plan of record for calendar year.
- Working closely with Cross Functional Teams and collaborating on optimal solutions for current and future CDS applications that run on top of the Openstack Verizon Cloud Platform (VCP) Projects.
- Detecting and resolving issues in a proactive manner on the production systems that provide services to our customers 24x7 before they can impact the platform or customers.
- Contribute to the migration and implementation of CDS applications to the directional VCP cloud platform.
- Collaborating with internal Verizon organizations to adjust data flow models to ensure applications meet availability, performance, capacity, and security requirements and guidelines.
- Driving technology, operational and cost innovation within the team and with broader partners though automation utilizing Ansible and Python.
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of Linux OS.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Experience in networking (protocols/routing) Layer 3 and Layer 2.
- Knowledge of Programming or Scripting Skills (Python).
- Experience deploying and managing customer facing applications in a Linux environment.
- Experience deploying and managing 24x7 customer facing applications in a Linux environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).