Senior Engineer - Application Support ( 590135-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
You will be responsible for leading the transformation for the Digital Operations Center (DOC) to a customer focused and technology driven organization. Your role will be working with colleagues across IT to improve designs, identify performance constraints, resolve complex system issues and communicate required changes. You will be responsible for providing oversight of vendor engagement across multiple platform core teams in owning service level agreements and driving customer satisfaction score. The solutions you help implement will help meet our customer’s needs and make it easy for them to do business with us.
- Lead the Digital Ops Center in owning a Platform Core Team analyzing production defects in our digital ecosystem.
- Experience in understanding business problems and creating scalable, durable and maintainable solutions based on a combination of existing and emerging technologies while balancing resource management and business timelines.
- Experience in solving complex problems, supporting external clients and communicating timely solutions thus improving the digital customer experience.
- Drive calls to resolve critical tickets, communicate effectively and present results to our business partners and executive management.
- Leverage domain knowledge to understand the end to end customer journey.
- Partner with offshore, various development teams, domain architects, business contacts, and business analysts to design and understand customer experience journeys, pain points and improve the customer experience.
- Exercise considerable judgment in developing methods, techniques & evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Work on emerging technologies like AWS, Glassbox, Catchpoint, Pega, Splunk, Grafana, New Relic and React JS.
- Leverage exposure to Cloud technologies (Iaas/Paas) and DevOps CI/CD
This role will be based out of one of the locations listed in the posting. In this role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in emerging technologies like AWS, Glassbox, Catchpoint, Pega, Splunk, Grafana, New Relic and React JS.
Even better if you have:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information System, or related field.
- Experience in Cloud technologies (IaaS/Paas), DevOps CI/CD.
- Experience in Pega, Splunk, Grafana and AI/ML.
- Experience in web/mobile based application development.
- Certified in AWS.
- Verbal, written and analytical skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).