Cyber Software Engineer
The Intelligence Group within Leidos is seeking a Mid-Level Cyber Software Engineer to design and develop custom covert and stealth software cyber tools and techniques for operational use.
PROGRAM SUMMARY: The ever-evolving Cyber landscape requires the development of innovative technical solutions to support operational cyber missions through research, engineering, and development.
The Cyber SIGINT and Solutions Operation at Leidos is seeking a motivated individual to work in a dynamic environment with a team of Cyber Engineers on programming low-level systems internals including, but not limited to, the OS runtime linker/loader, object file formats, file system internals, OS-specific mandatory and discretionary access control mechanisms, and process and thread APIs and data structures
This work will leverage your experience in supporting cyber activities by implementing programming techniques to evade host and/or network-based intrusion detection systems. The candidate must be experienced in working within a dynamic team of cyber researchers and engineers through all stages of the product lifecycle – from vulnerability research to development and test.
We are seeking a motivated and diversified Mid-Level Cyber Software Engineer/Embedded Developer with experience in the following areas:
- Experience programming techniques to evade host and/or network-based intrusion detection systems
- Experience developing programs to capture, analyze, and interpret raw network traffic
- Experience in network sockets programming including developing packet-level programs, expert packet-level understanding of IP, TCP, and application-level protocols
- Understanding of low-level systems internals including, but not limited to, the OS runtime linker/loader, object file formats, file system internals, OS-specific mandatory and discretionary access control mechanisms, and process and thread APIs and data structures
- Experience programming device drivers in Linux variants
- MIPS Assembly programming experience is a big plus
- Experience doing agile software development using Atlassian Software Development and Collaboration Tools such as Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar field and 5+ years of relevant software development experience
- 4+ years of experience programming in C, C++, and Python
- 3+ years or experience developing applications in Linux environment
- 3+ years of experience with programming (or/and):
- embedded applications
- cyber tools and techniques
- cryptographic applications
•Outstanding communication skills, verbally, in correspondence, and in technical documentation.Pay Range: