Senior GPU Software Engineer ( R-00082358 )
The Leidos Innovations Center has immediate openings for Software Engineers to develop systems using for Graphics Processing Units at our San Diego office. We specialize in developing scientific and embedded systems that apply advanced signal processing, image processing, and machine learning algorithms to important national defense problems.
In this position you will work with teams of experienced engineers and scientists to apply your expertise and creativity to develop efficient GPU implementations of complex algorithms. In this role you will have the opportunity take a leadership role in developing a system that uses graphics processing units to meet project objectives.
This is a full time position located is San Diego, CA with up to 25% telework.
- Lead the development of GPU-based systems that require advanced signal processing and machine learning algorithms in collaboration with project engineers and scientists.
- Analyze system requirements and participate in system design.
- Recommend, enhance, and optimize algorithms for translation into GPU solutions.
- Develop optimized GPU software for high processing efficiency, high throughput, and robust performance on advanced hardware platforms.
- Solve problems and integrate software to meet end-to-end system objectives.
- Plan and conduct acceptance and field tests for developed systems.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively project team and customers.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Master’s Degree with 6+ years of experience.
- Extensive experience developing software that uses GPUs in scientific, signal processing, or machine learning applications.
- Demonstrated experience leading a software development or research teams that developed and optimized graphics processor code to meet system objectives.
- Understanding of fundamental concepts used in signal processing, detection, estimation, classification, and machine learning.
- Current US citizenship
- Must be able to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
- Programming experience with Cuda, OpenCL, C/C++, Matlab, Python.
- Understanding of latest GPU hardware capabilities and memory architectures.
- Experience with Machine Learning concepts and frameworks.
- Familiarity with parallel and real-time computing concepts.
- Experience leading a software development team in all aspects of the development process (requirements through deployment).