Software Engineer 2 ( R-00082560 )
The Leidos Intelligence Division is seeking a Software Engineer/Developer with a TS/SCI with polygraph clearance to support a highly visible fast paced prime contract in the Fort Meade, MD area. This position offers a 20K Sign on Bonus! You will enjoy great benefits such as 4 or more weeks of Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Education and Training Support, Parental Paid Leave, and a sign on bonus.
Do you enjoy being a part of small teams that work closely with the customer? Does big data pique your interest? Our Prototype Development Support program is looking for candidates with a strong mission focus to do new development and rapid prototyping. Someone who can figure out smarter, better ways to discover new targets or support mission analysis. The Prototype Development Support program is a TTO-based, LOE program in support of our customer’s Operations organization. Through new development and rapid prototyping, this program looks to help its customer find new and better data sources and tradecraft to answer new and existing intelligence questions to accomplish its mission. Working across all areas, using methods that run the gamut from leading edge visualizations, analytic development and new technology research, the program constantly strives to provide the best solutions for the customer to address their mission needs, all in a fast paced, highly collaborative challenging environment. Click here to learn how this program “Delivers Mission Success!” and a list of all our amazing opportunities
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: The candidate would support the Persona Analysis office's analytic tradecraft to find personas through behaviors, identifiers, and contacts by leveraging Java skills to develop analytics to use new data sources to assist in compiling new records that can be merged with other, similar datasets. These analytics will be used as a basis for future datasets with related subject areas. These analytics will be automated using machine learning techniques to better refine the results sets so that they provide high confidence results to the user base. Candidate would be working with structured data sets.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS/EDUCATION: The candidate must have:
- At least 8 years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline
- At least 5 years of experience in software-intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers.
- At least 4 years of the experience must have been as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
- Strong Java skills is required
- Knowledge of python highly desired.
- Development experience in a Unix/Linux environment preferred
- Experience with version control (Git/Subversion)
- Experience with customer's GM and MASH architectures is a plus
- Familiarity with Hadoop / Map Reduce Analytics is a plus
- Familiarity with Hadoop Pig/Piglet is a plus
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.