Optum Digital Senior Software Engineer, Data - Telecommute (106805531)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Join Optum Digital as a Senior Software Engineer where you will own the core datasets for Optum’s analytics that feeds to improve our product offering, help fulfill our contractual needs with client and partners, and fuel our personalization & recommendation engines' data needs. Daily you collaborate with product managers, data lake consumers, and surrounding engineering teams & build a top-class experience. We use the latest set technology to process the high volume & complex data sets - Scala, Spark, Kafka, MongoDB, Postgres, Databricks, Airflow, Amazon S3, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes to name a few. As part of the larger Data Engineering team, you will report to an Engineering Manager.
To know more about Optum Technology, select this video.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Design, develop and productionize scalable and resilient data pipelines in a cloud-based data platform
- Design and build multi-tenant systems capable of loading and transforming large volumes of structured and semi-structured rapidly changing data
- Partner with Data Scientists and product team to drive agile delivery of both existing and new offerings
- Work with Product Managers to understand the features, impact assessment, design, develop, test, and deliver
- Help with team goals including the support of live 24/7 production systems
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical role or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of hands-on experience with Big Data pipelines with Spark in Scala, Python, or Java
- 2+ years of strong coding experience with Scala, Python or Java
- 1+ years of experience with data structures, algorithms, performance, and scalability
- 1+ years of experiencewith Airflow or other workflow orchestration framework
- Interest in learning Scala
- 6+ years of hands-on experience with Big Data pipelines with Spark in Scala, Python, or Java
- 4+ years of strong coding experience with Scala, Python, or Java
- 3+ years of experience with data structures, algorithms, performance, and scalability
- Experience with streaming & batch processing
- Exposure to data modeling methodologies
- Knowledge of high-scale performance and optimization tools and techniques
- Understanding of several data extractions and transformation techniques with data sourced in S3, MongoDB, and Postgres
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/AffirmativSe Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected bylower 48 law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.