Software Engineer - naviHealth - Waltham, MA or Telecommute (107015045)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Careers with naviHealth. At naviHealth, our mission is to work with extraordinarily talented people who are committed to making a positive and powerful impact on society by transforming health care.
naviHealth is the result of almost two decades of dedicated visionary leaders and innovative organizations challenging the status quo for care transition solutions. We do health care differently and we are changing health care one patient at a time.
We are looking to hire a Software Engineer with experience building mission-critical service-oriented applications. This role is a key-contributor to the organization and future technologies. Successful candidates will possess proven experience developing and delivering quality software solutions. Moreover, have a genuine passion and energy to grow within an aggressive and fun environment, using the latest technologies in alignment with the company’s technical vision and strategy.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Design, develop, document, test, and debug new and existing software products (cloud and/or in-house)
- Serve as a technical expert on development projects. Participate in full development life cycle including requirements analysis and design. Write technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements
- Support, maintain, and document software functionality
- Identify and evaluate new technologies for implementation. Analyze code to find causes of errors and revise programs as needed
- Participate in software design meetings and analyze user needs to determine technical requirements. Consult with end users to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to meet needs
- Contribute to team growth by providing advice, mentoring, and coaching to other engineers with positivity and enthusiasm
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and effectively present them to decision-makers.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or requested
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related discipline OR equivalent experience
- 1+ years of experience working with Enterprise-class SaaS products using Java, Spring, Web/RESTful services, Oracle, MongoDB
- Demonstrated experience in the areas of Object-Oriented Programming, design patterns, microservice pattern
- Experience designing, developing, and delivering software at an enterprise scale
- Experience in an Agile environment
- Experience within a CI/CD environment
- Apache Kafka, or similar data streaming platforms
- Container based development/deployment, clouds technologies.
- Passion for technology and positive impact to the company’s bottom line
- Ability to design scalable, microservice-based software solutions to solve complex business problems
- Ability to understand the design and independently work on implementation of software components within the larger platform
- Outstanding collaboration, time management, communication skills as well as ability to work independently
- Ability to travel up to 10%
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Being a pioneer in post-acute management and care transitions with 19 years of experience, naviHealth is uniquely positioned to manage patients, improve clinical and financial outcomes, and share risk with payors and providers. We provide clinical service support alongside proprietary technology and advisory solutions that empower health systems, health plans and post-acute providers to navigate care episodes across the continuum, with the goal of reducing waste and improving patient outcomes.
We care about the people we serve.
We care about each other.
We care about our communities.
We embrace innovation.
We like simple.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by colleagues assigned to this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. naviHealth reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
naviHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both its owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine provided by the medical practices of any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.