Associate Software Engineer - San Antonio, TX (107497437)
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
If you are located in San Antonio, TX, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges. *hybrid* Monday through Weds onsite, Thursday and Friday telecommute
- Develop queries and stored procedures using T-SQL
- Design and develop systems that meet defined business requirements
- Independently analyze and solve somewhat problems
- Support the team for application availability, reliability, and stability
- Conduct code review to ensure the work delivered by the team is of high quality
- Maintain knowledge base of the latest advances in SQL Server and other data technologies
- Provide expertise in SQL in addition to general development principles
- Interpret detailed business requirement documents and translate to actionable development processes
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field required. (4+ additional years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree)
- 1+ years of experience of software systems implementation experience
- 1+ years of development and testing experience on main programming languages such as C#, ASP.NET, Java, or Python
- 1+ years of experience using MS Visual Studio
- 1+ years of experience MS SQL Server
- 1+ years of experience with Microsoft Azure cloud-based solutions
- Experience in data migrations, manipulations, and reporting for end user consumption
- This position based in San Antonio. (Hybrid -Monday to Wednesday on-site, and Thursday Friday remote).
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Advanced course of study in information technology, business or another field
- Microsoft Certified Azure Developer
- Experience with ETL
- Experience in Medicare Claims and Medicare Risk Adjustment
- Knowledge of Health Care Industry and related business functions
- Works independently with direction
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas and solutions
- Ability to effectively work with both internal and external clients
- Passion for advanced technology
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.