Sr Software Engineer - Washington, DC (107467933)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
- Maintaining existing and developing new RESTful API's to support business requirements using the SDLC model
- Writing technical design documents which can be translated into working code
- Participating with team on design sessions, code reviews
- Writing unit tests and integrating tests with CI/CD pipeline
- Contribute to research and implementing POC’s as required
- Adhering to Agile development process
- Supporting Testing activities with Quality folks ensuring all aspects of the technical design are correctly incorporated
- Providing production support to internal client calls on rotation basis
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- B.E. (Computer Engineering) or equivalent from reputed engineering colleges
- 3+ years of experience in a position performing Software development
- Knowledge on the public cloud platforms and services - preferably on AWS (Understands fundamentals such as: S3, including knowledge of bucket policies, VPC configuration, Security group configuration, EC2 setup and configuration)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Good experience with the following tech stack:
- 3+ years of Programming Language: Java, SQL/PLSQL, Python
- 3+ years of Frameworks: Spring / Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Hibernate, Spring data JPA, Swagger
- 1+ years of working experience in CI / CD pipeline (test, build, deployment and monitoring automation)
- Messaging Platform: ActiveMQ - JMS
- Working experience with Code management tool GitHub
- Databases: Oracle, PostgreSQL
- Knowledge on Containerization, Docker, Kubernetes
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.