Lead Software Engineer, Engagement - Telecommute (107410385)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Join Optum Digital as a Lead Software Engineer. You will have the role of champion for quality and engineering best practices and mentoring junior engineers while bringing a fun and energizing experience to work every day.
The Engagement team offers seamless navigation and guidance across Rally helping users connect with the services they need to maintain and improve their health and make the best decisions. It enables employers by supporting their entire population's benefits and programs. The solutions include on-boarding, dashboards and resources, emails, SMS and content, the Rally app, third-party programs, and campaigns. As a Principal Backend Software Engineer, you will report to the Engineering Manager of the team.
These positions include, but are not limited to analysis, design, coding, engineering, testing, debugging, standards, methods, tools analysis, documentation, research and development, maintenance, new development, operations and delivery. With every role in the company, each position has a requirement for building quality into every output. This also includes evaluating new tools, new techniques, strategies; Automation of common tasks; build of common utilities to drive organizational efficiency with a passion around technology and solutions and influence of thought and leadership on future capabilities and opportunities to apply technology in new and innovative ways.
To know more about Optum Technology, click here.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Design, Development, and Testing of Cloud Native Services/Microservices using Java/Scala, GraphQL
- Interpreting requirements into application design
- Agile development through collaborating with Business, Product, and QA
- Ensuring the quality, architecture, and accuracy of released code
- Be an individual contributor (very hands-on) as well as able to guide and mentor team members
- CI/CD integration with Jenkins, Github
- Familiar with Monitoring/Logging tools such as Splunk and DataDog
- You have unit testing experience (prefer Scalatest/Mockito/ScalaCheck)
- Understanding client strategy and business objectives
- Ensuring on schedule, on budget, on scope delivery within client quality goals
- As solutions are proposed, present cost impact analysis to our operating budget
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- BS in computer science or equivalent
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in Java, Spring Framework
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in Cloud, Container Tools and Technologies
- 2+ years of experience building Microservices
- 2+ years of experience in communicating complex technical information effectively and appropriately to IT and business stakeholders
- Experience and ability to rapidly deliver prototypes and proof-of-concept work to validate a proposed architectural approach
- Practical experience with public cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, or Google Cloud Platform
- Practical experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Practical experience with NoSQL databases, preferably MongoDB
- Practical experience with Angular and React
- Experience navigating organizational change and working in a matrix organization
- Healthcare knowledge, within Optum
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Resourceful and works independently; seeks guidance on only the most complex tasks
- Coaches, provides feedback, guides, and mentors others
- Proven success in implementing new technologies in large enterprises
- Excellent problem-solving skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.