Senior Software Engineer (107551664)
Senior Software Engineer (Remote)
Optum, the fast-growing part of UnitedHealth Group, is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business. Our teams are dedicated to modernizing the health care system and improving the lives of people and communities.
Serving virtually every dimension of the health system, we work with a diverse set of clients across 150 countries – from those who diagnose and treat patients to those who pay for care, deliver health services, and those who supply the cures. Optum maintains operations across North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our innovative partnerships provide technology and tools that enable unprecedented collaboration and efficiency. As a result, we can tap into valuable health care data to uncover insights and develop strategies for better care at lower costs.
About the role:
As Senior Software Engineer, you will be predominantly involved in developing and automating business solutions by creating new and modifying existing software applications. You will be a primary contributor in designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting and supporting all types of applications consistent with established specifications and business requirements to deliver business value. This is more than a challenging development role. Join us! There's never been a better time to do your life's best work℠
- Adherence to coding standards
- Review of requirements and/or systems analysis documents for completeness
- Creation/involvement in documented designs following agreed to design patterns and standards
- Perform Coding and unit testing independently and assist/mentor his team members whenever required.
- Communicate effectively with other engineers/ QE and globally disperser colleagues
- Support the QE/SSMO team during testing via defect fixes, code deployment, clarifications
- Working with the Deployment Lead, peer developers to complete various project deployment activities
- Adhere to proper use of source control
- Responsible for ensuring delivery of technical artifacts for each project
- Mentoring developers on technology and application knowledge as needed.
- Identify opportunities to fine-tune and optimize applications
- Experience in the software engineering profession with demonstrated success designing and building high-quality, commercial software applications
- Solid application development background, with dedicated experience on backend frameworks and languages
- Development experience using Java or open source technologies
- Development experience using latest open source products of Java and Sprint Boot
- Development experience building microservices using Java.
- Knowledge and experience with Streaming and API development
- Ability to work a portion of monthly work hours from our Dublin or Letterkenny office is required
- Prior infrastructure and DB experience
- Experience developing Restful APIs
- Experience with DevOps/Continuous integration and development pipelines
- Experience with support of machine learning, artificial intelligence, and streaming environments
- Practical experience of developing solutions hosting within key major cloud providers such as OpenShift, Kubernetes, AWS, Google Cloud and Azure
- Experience instrumenting apps and creating effective alarms and dashboards
- Experience with log indexing tools (e.g. ELK stack, Splunk)
- Healthcare domain background
- Development experience in any of the following: Sprint Boot, Spring Batch, OpenShift, Cloud, Helm, Kubernetes, React, Message Queues
- Experience with Security, Logging, Monitoring
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
All telecommuters will be required to adhere to the UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.