Software Engineer - Telecommute (107762385)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
NLP Developer is a key contributor in the design and development of state-of-the-art NLP for medical applications. The Sr NLP Developer works closely with other NLP developers, Engineers, and subject matter expert on current company technology.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Enhancement and maintenance of existing company NLP technologies and extension of those systems to new clinical domains and applications
- Emphasis is placed on the augmentation of various clinical knowledge resources (lexicons, nomenclatures, hierarchies, ontologies, and rule systems) underlying the core NLP and AI modules
- Emphasis is also placed on evaluation of the performance of those components on clinical documentation at scale in production environments
- Work includes the generation and interpretation of domain/solution analytics, and, in collaboration with engineering, enhancement of the underlying NLP modules and functionality
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 2+ years of related professional work experience and significant academic NLP development
- Experience with ontologies
- Experience within the medical domain
- Knowledge of algorithms and techniques within a computational domain with emphasis on text processing
- Knowledge and experience with natural language processing or formal linguistics: morphology, syntax, and semantics
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Degree in Linguistics, Computer Science, or other Computational discipline
- Background in linguistics and/or natural language processing, strength with at least one scripting or programming language, an interest in the medical domain, and a proven aptitude for technology
- Strength with at least one of the following: Java, C#, Python, SQL
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.