Senior Software Engineer - Telecommute (107751732)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
To know more, please see video: http://youtu.be/7iNvN3d3HNA
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Candidate will be responsible for being an active participant in an agile team for a suite of software applications that will be hosted on the Azure cloud
- Candidate should be confident to work independently, have good analytical and self-learning skills and desire to learn new technologies
- Create quick working proof of concepts to validate and formalize solutions and design
- Persistence to solve complex problems, troubleshoot and debug critical problems, performance tune, and resolve complex technical issues independently or with minimal support from SMEs
- Drive automation in project teams using best in class CI/CD and DevOps principles
- Bring innovative ideas to help continuously improve the application portfolio including the design, build, deploy, test and runtime within cloud ecosystems
- Good in oral & written communication skills. Exposure to healthcare domain is plus
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in building and shipping production ready web applications
- Excellent programming skills using variety of modern languages and frameworks - C#, ASP.Net, WebApi, .Net Core, SQL)
- Knowledge of UI based technologies preferably with Angular
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Deployment Strategies
- Knowledge of Git version control
- Knowledge in public cloud architecture and platform solutions
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical colleagues
Preferred Qualifications :
- Prior experience in microservices environment with awareness of reference architectures and design patterns required for a complex implementation
- Designing solutions in public cloud platforms
- Infrastructure as Code (Terraform)
- Exposure to healthcare domain
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $39.47 to $70.63. The hourly range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $43.51 to $77.69. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.