Software Engineer - Telecommute (107688049)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. Join us and start doing your life's best work. (sm)
Working in a multi-system Production support environment to analyze, triage and resolve complex issues. Responsible for making sure system applications run smoothly by identifying problems and proactively resolving a ticket management system (service now) able to work and communicate effectively in a multi-peer environment. Complete issue resolution within the agreed SLA (service level agreement)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Working in a Production support to analyze triage and resolve issues
- responsible for making sure systems and applications run smoothly by identifying problems and proactively address the tickets
- Complete issue resolutions within the SLA (service level agreement)
- Perform RCA on critical issues
- Work with business and IT team to resolve issues
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of experience of design, development on iSeries/AS400 system
- Experience in writing SQL queries
- Excellent understanding of Database, RPG, RPGLE, COBOL, COBOL-ILE, SQLRPGLE programming concepts
- Excellent understanding of CL/CLLE commands
- In-depth knowledge on SQL/400 and other AS/400 utilities
- SYNON or COBOL knowledge
- Identify issues and suggest solutions
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge on Java and interaction with AS/400
- Modern Language (Angular/React, Spring Boot/Spring Batch)
- Cloud Knowledge (Kubernetes, Azure)
- DevOps (Docker, Jenkins)
- Change management tool - ALDON
- Solid problem solving, analytical kills, good communication and presentation skills, good attitude and self-motivated
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work. (sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.