Senior Software Automation Engineer ( 602149-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As a Senior Software Automation Engineer, you will specializein developing automated solutions that will assist in managing enterprise environments. This position will lead large to enterprise-wide sized projects related to the Business Intelligence environments. Projects can range from reviewing new technologies, to evaluating/selecting tools/products, and providing input to other team members on how to set up these technologies and tools.
- Develop automation frameworks that optimize resource utilization and improve overall product quality
- Scripting and Languages (FastAPI, Python, Ansible, Jenkins, Powershell, Shell, Cobbler, SQL, Perl, UNIX bash, HTML, VB Script)
- Technologies (ManageIQ, OpenShift)
- Operating Systems (Linux, Windows)
- Developing automation solutions to better manage platforms.
- Partner directly with the business and application teams to assess new requirements and determine how best to apply emerging technologies to meet those needs.
- Work directly with application teams to understand the requirements of the various end user requirements.
- Shift: 8am - 5pm, some occasional night work, be part of on-call rotation.
*This position can sit out of any valid U.S. based Verizon work location.*
*This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.*
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Experience with FastAPI, Python, Ansible, Jenkins, Powershell, Shell, Cobbler, SQL, Perl, UNIX bash, HTML, VB Script
- Strong knowledge of system design and hardware at an enterprise level.
- RHEL and administration experience.
- Knowledge of Hadoop and Cassandra
- Excellent technical/analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead and to make decisions.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of project management concepts.
- Relevant certifications.
- Scripting and Automation experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.