Lead Software Engineer (108024365)
Lead Software Developer - London (Remote)
Optum, the fastest growing part of UnitedHealth Group, is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business. Our teams are dedicated to modernising the health care system and improving the lives of people and communities.
Serving virtually every dimension of the health system, we work with a diverse set of clients across 150 countries – from those who diagnose and treat patients to those who pay for care, deliver health services, and those who supply the cures. Optum maintains operations across North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our innovative partnerships provide technology and tools that enable unprecedented collaboration and efficiency. As a result, we can tap into valuable health care data to uncover insights and develop strategies for better care at lower costs.
About the role:
As a Lead Software Engineer you will play an important role in supporting key strategic initiatives for our Advanced Analytics and Digital Products business component. Designing and developing technical solutions you will work in close collaboration with our Product and Governance teams, testing out new ideas and helping bring them to market.
- Provide technical implementation leadership for an agile team for building Advanced Analytics and Digital Products for testing in the market and through to full release
- Use your expertise to implement & educate effective design patterns and provide guidance on development, with an eye toward avoiding and reducing technical debt.
- Drive delivery on a roadmap that helps transform capabilities by combining access to the right tools, data, platforms and scalable computing with Optum’s healthcare expertise and industry leading data assets
- Produce high quality solutions that are highly reliable and scalable
- Work directly with Business, Technology, Digital partners to drive development of new service/product offerings
- Collaborate effectively in a cross-functional team of engineers, product leaders, scrum masters & User Experience engineers
- Support the software delivery team’s ability to rapidly deliver high-value, quality software through the use of automation and 'everything - as - code' (EaC) best practices
Ensure application stability with exceptional quality, reliability engineering, and security controls
- Pro-actively identifies and addresses security gaps in solution design and delivery
- Researches security trends and emerging threats and incorporates into design and build of solutions or development of policies, procedures and protocols
We are looking for someone exhibiting proven experience with:
- Architectural design
- Collaboration & mentoring
- Public cloud based serverless & event-based architectures
- Engineering best-practices
- Hands-on development
- Microsoft .NET technology stack: C# / .NET, .NET Core, Web APIs
- Degree in computer science
- Experience working in a MHRA regulated environment
- Experience with IAAS/PAAS services; together with delivery of Infrastructure-as-code using Terraform/ARM/ Ansible
- Experience with testing frameworks
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organisation around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
All telecommuters will be required to adhere to the UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.