Software Engineer (108244096)
At Optum Global Advantage, we built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve.
Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential.
For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.sm
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and continuously improve software
- Responsible for implementation of new features and enhancements to analytics processing engine and web applications
- Responsible for client Implementation of applications, production support and developing innovative solutions to meet customer needs
- Responsible for build management, deployment process and delivery of quality software
- Adhere to security standards and coding best practices, continuously seek for performance improvements and cost savings
- Manage and update processing workflow in AWS for hosted clients, help clients migrate to AWS/Azure
- Responsible for Production support and support standalone client implementation, provide innovative solutions to fix client issues
- Develop and maintain CI/CD pipelines in AWS using Jenkins
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- English and Spanish Proficiency
- 3+ years of software development experience with Python or Java
- 1+ years of experience with Relational databases, Unix
- 1+ years of experience with CI/CD, Jenkins, Github, Maven
- Solid understanding of engineering fundamentals: unit testing, code reviews, agile and DevOps
- Active adherence to engineering best practices including unit testing, test-driven development (TDD), continuous Integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD), automated testing, and code reviews
- Ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Healthcare domain experience
- AWS, Azure or Spark experience
Diversity Creates a Healthier Atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is a positive experience and equal opportunity employer for all qualified candidates who will be considered for openings without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Key Words: Big Data Cloud Engineer, Data Pipeline, Analytics, DevOps, Agile, Scrum, Develop, Implement, AWS Cloud, Azure, Spark, SQL, .Net, C#, Java, Python, Engineer, Software, Bogota, Colombia.