Manager Software Engineer (108228731)
At Optum Global Advantage, we built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So, when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve.
Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential.
For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.sm
- Design, Development and Testing of Cloud Native Microservices using SpringBoot, SpringCloud, GraphQL, and Kafka.
- Interpreting requirements into application design
- Agile development through collaborating with business and QA
- Ensuring the quality, architecture and accuracy of released code
- Be an individual contributor (very hands-on) as well as able to guide and mentor team members.
- CI/CD integration with Jenkins, Github
- Understanding client strategy and business objectives
- Ensuring on schedule, on budget, on scope delivery within client quality goals
Qualifications - External
English and Spanish proficiency is required
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in Java, Spring Framework
- 3-5+ years of experience building Microservices
- Practical experience with React(1st Choice). Angular would be second preference
- 3-5+ years of hands-on experience in Cloud, Container Tools and Technologies
- Practical experience with public cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, or Google Cloud Platform
- Practical experience with NoSQL databases, preferably CosmosDB, DynamoDB, MongoDB or Cassandra
- Practical experience with Azure Search, or Elastic Search
Diversity Creates a Healthier Atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is a positive experience and equal opportunity employer for all qualified candidates who will be considered for openings without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.