Machine Learning Software Engineer ( R-00085882 )
The Leidos Innovations Center operates at the leading edge of technology by designing, demonstrating, and deploying solutions to solve complex remote sensing problems for our Department of Defense customers. We are currently seeking a Machine Learning Software Engineer in our Arlington, VA office to join a leading-edge research and engineering group.
As a Machine Learning Software Engineer, you will apply your software and data science skills in remote sensing applications (acoustic, RF, and other). You will bring new insights into data, develop novel technical solutions and design, create, test and deliver software products. You will interact with customers, lead technical project teams, and improve the software quality developed by our organization. We are looking for someone to join our team onsite, although we offer flexibility to work from home part-time or have flexible in-office hours.
What's in it for you?
- A challenging, fast-paced work environment to solve real world problems with unique data
- Flexible work schedule to maintain work life balance
- Opportunities to enhance your skills in Software Engineering, Software Development, System Administration, Data Science, Machine Learning and Signal Processing
- Opportunities to contribute to critical elements across entire program life cycles (proposal writing, technical planning/execution, creating and presenting technical reports and briefings)
- Professional and technical development opportunities through mentoring programs and full tuition coverage for masters and PhD programs
- A research-oriented environment with a small business feel created by an accessible organizational structure
- Work with subject matter experts to design, develop, and deploy software solutions for remote sensing-based machine learning
- Use your programming and database skills to collect, process and analyze data sets
- Responsible for the specification, design, development, implementation, unit testing, integration testing, writing of documentation and analysis of technical products and systems
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary team members (Machine Learning Researchers, Data Scientists, Acousticians, Physicists, Signal Processing Engineers, Electrical Engineers, Systems Engineers, and more) to transition research and development into mature, robust solutions to complex problems.
- BS degree in a scientific field such as computer science, math, data science, physics, or engineering with 8+ years of prior relevant experience, Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience or Doctoral degree.
- Possess an active U.S. Government Secret security clearance or higher
- Strong Python coding skills and system administration experience for Linux environments
- Experience working and collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams, including leading technical teams and mentoring less experienced software engineers
- Experience using SSH, Git, and MySQL
- Strong fundamentals in mathematics, problem solving, algorithm design and data structures
- Proficiency in signal processing algorithms, including time-frequency analysis and digital signal filtering
- Experience using AWS EC2, AWS S3, MATLAB, C/C++, Java, HDF5 and Qt
- Experience with machine learning frameworks and libraries (Tensorflow, Keras, Pytorch
LInCPay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.