.Net Software Engineer I ( R-00085985-OTHLOC-PL-2D1886 )
QTC’s New Markets and Emerging Technologies IT team is currently seeking experienced Software Engineers in support of the company’s overall IT modernization and corporate growth goals.
QTC is currently searching for motivated and adaptable individuals to support the Senior Director of New Markets and Emerging Technologies within the IT organization. The New Markets and Emerging Technologies team has been charged with assessing QTC’s current capabilities and doing two things: One, find ways to leverage these capabilities with new customers and markets. Two, bring in new technology to make existing processes better (e.g., more efficient, more secure), or to bring in capabilities that are not part of QTC’s core that will benefit the company and its customers. This will be achieved in short, proof of concept projects that align to a larger roadmap of technical or contractual capabilities. The proof of concepts will take place in a pre-production environment but will include a path to production should the project prove valuable to the company. This is a great opportunity to learn about QTC and provide innovative thought into growing the company.
The New Markets & Emerging Technologies Software Engineer will support technical efforts surrounding the design, development, testing, troubleshooting and debugging of software associated with existing and new capabilities within the QTC capability portfolio. The candidate will work closely with a scrum team within the New Markets & Emerging Technologies team to create software and test out proof of concept technologies that may roll out in future QTC capabilities.
Remote candidates may be considered for this role with preference for candidates who are located or are willing to be located in San Dimas, CA; San Antonio, TX; Nashville, TN; Reston, VA or Philadelphia, PA.
- Develop and support containerized microservices within a Kubernetes cluster
- .NET development of microservices to implement new capabilities or enhance existing services
- Full stack implementation and support capabilities
- Creative problem solving of issues that arise in local and production environments
- Support CI/CD automation related to services
- Create adequate and understandable documentation for services
- Communicate effectively across product, development, operations, and application security teams
- Participate in the introduction of new capabilities and the enhancement or troubleshooting of existing capabilities
- Ability to quickly ramp up on new technologies when encountered
- Work independently within a matrixed organization
- BS Degree and 0-2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must be able to successfully pass National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) background investigation.
- Development experience with:
- C, C#, ASP.NET
- Spring based microservices
- REST API’s (JSON, XML)
- Containerization (Docker)
- Container Orchestration (Kubernetes)
- Exposure to:
- Linux (RHEL or Debian/Ubuntu)
- Windows (Server and Desktop OS)
- Scripting (Bash, Python)
- CI/CD automation (e.g. Gitlab, Jenkins)
- Automated unit and integration testing
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate and persuade at all management levels and thrive in a cross-functional environment
- Requirements interpretation and decomposition
- Agile software development (Kanban, Scrum), including testing
- DevOps and operational support experience
- Experience with infrastructure architecture and implementation
- Experience with the following technologies is desired:
- Gitlab pipeline automation
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC) architecture design, deployment, migration, and sustainment
- AWS Managed Services
- Static code analysis & quality (e.g. Sonarqube, Sqale, JArchitect, Fortify)
- Container/Artifact Registries (e.g. Nexus, Harbor)
QTC Management Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company has an ongoing commitment to affirmative action and the creation of a workplace free of discrimination, harassment and retaliation. The company recruits, hires, trains, and promotes individuals in all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, people with disabilities protected under law, and protected veteran status.Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.