Sr. Java Software Engineer - Telecommute (109173810)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Here, at Optum, you can showcase your passion and technical expertise among an elite team as you help to transform health care and change the way our businesses and consumers engage with technology. Sound exciting? Absolutely! And as a Portal Apps Dev Cnslt, you will bring your talent, passion, energy, focus and all-in approach to work every day to lead your team to success. If you strive to make a difference and would like to work with the leader in the health care industry, this is the right career for you.
This is a Portal Development/Maintenance efforts opportunity in Vermont. This position is responsible for plan and estimate development work of existing Portal application. Resource will perform detailed application design and author/maintain design and Technical documentation necessary for the development changes. Experience with the Oracle software’s is critical .The person will be working with internal & external stake holders for strategy, planning & execution of critical releases. Extreme importance is put on soft skills with extremely clear verbal and written communication. Please note that there may be some travel needed for this position.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Coding, debugging, and supporting efficient and effective applications and tools in Portal development
- Development of Portal application using Java/J2EE, Spring, Struts, Web Services
- Create Design and development plan for existing portal application changes for new functionality.
- Complete unit testing successfully; assist others with debugging and program logic
- Conduct root cause analysis on all incidents and recommend a corrective action plan
- Ensure timely update to stakeholders
- Ensure quality, compliance with applicable software standards and best practices
- Identify and mitigate risks/issues related to Quality across the SDLC
- Has hands on working experience with Waterfall, Agile, and Iterative methodologies
- Provides accurate & timely reports to stake holders
- Analyzes and profiles data to meet project needs
- Solves unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 6+ years in IT
- 4+ years of years of hands-on experience designing and development of large Enterprise portal applications
- Hands on experience in Java/J2EE technologies such as Struts, Spring Framework, JSP, EJB, Hibernate and Webservice
- Experience in Client-side validations using Ajax in NodeJS, AngularJS, dash boards reports using BackboneJS.
- Expertise in back-end/server-side Java technologies such as webservice, JMS, JDBC.
- Exposure in using Webservice Technologies and Tools like Webservice, SOAP, REST, UDDI, SOAP UI.
- Experience in Requirement Analysis, Traceability, impact analysis and reporting
- Experience in Data analysis and reporting, triage, RCA activities
- Experience with application design and maintenance and technical documentation
- Experience in development methodologies (waterfall, agile, etc), enterprise planning, and estimation,
- Eclipse and Subversion experience.
- Solid understanding of portlets, Java Web Services
- Oracle middleware and database platform experience
- Experience with MVC pattern integrations
- Experience in Healthcare domain
** Currently this role is telecommute, but in future there will be on-site (Winooski, VT) requirements
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.