Software Engineer ( R-00084755 )
Are you ready to join Leidos all-star team? Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show how to accelerate your career path.
The Leidos Innovations Center has an exciting opening for you, our next Software Integration Engineer, to play a key role with the integration and deployment of software for the DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P). The DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P) program is a next generation machine learning pipeline platform providing cutting edge data enrichment, triage, and analytics capabilities to Defense and Intelligence Community members. Our team includes highly skilled systems engineers, software and data engineers, and data scientists and work in Reston, VA or Bethesda, MD.
Working closely with project team members, you will have the opportunity to be involved in the following activities:
• Work with a team of system integration engineers to successfully deploy release candidates to production environment.
• Participate in test, staging and production deployment.
• Assist in the maintenance of services and procedures for a big data pipeline which includes Kafka, Elasticsearch, and several in house written python/java micro services running on Kubernetes
• Integrate Docker containers using Kubernetes, Rancher, Helm and other DevOpsSec integration tools
• Monitor automated system integration tests to identify failed modules and components
• Manage individual project priorities, deliverables, and deadlines
• Foster an environment of collaboration with the different team members in the goal of providing quality service and product to our customer
This is you:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related technical field and 4 + years of prior relevant Software Engineering experience or master’s degree with 2+ years of prior relevant experience or an additional 4 years of experience in lieu of degree
• Must possess an Active Top Secret clearance and ability to obtain TS/SCI with Poly
• At least 2 years of experience with Python
• Experience with Docker
• Experience with DevOps practices and tools including Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) tools and practices
• Knowledge of message passing systems such as Kafka or Pulsar or any other messaging system
• Experience with Agile practices
• Experience with configuration management tools such as Git
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work in a team and a self-starter who can work on their own
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
• Experience with ElasticSearch
• Experience with NiFi
• Experience with any of the following technologies:
o Jenkinsfiles and Groovy
o Kubernetes monitoring, e.g., Prometheus
o GPU-based Kubernetes
o SALT for deployment automation
o Elasticsearch, Kibana, and Logstash, specifically admin experience
o Helm and Helmfile
o Cloudera usage, including Kafka topic creation/management, Zookeeper, Solr, and Flume
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.