Manager Software Engineer - (naviHealth) - Brentwood, TN (109751585)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Manager, Software Engineering is a key member of the Boston based engineering leadership team. The position leads and is responsible for a significant software product development domain within our SaaS Care Transition platform that helps our customers succeed in improving care outcomes and reducing healthcare costs in the continuum of care spectrum for the patients. The Manager, Software Engineering is responsible for building and motivating a high performing, talented team of 20+ engineers and testers located in the US and offshore locations in delivering business value and accomplishing business objectives.
- Manage the Discharge 1.0, naviHealth’s Patient Care Transition Platform and participate in core services development as we continue to build out the new next-generation Discharge platform 2.0. Work with the product management team and relevant business stakeholders in understanding key business and product requirements; drive initiative effort estimate, project planning, and resource planning in a collaborative manner with peers
- Sustain and support the technology and platform to ensure the services are high performing, stable, and highly available in the current Discharge production platform
- Work with the platform architect in defining architecture and implementation roadmap. Ensure adherence to the established architecture framework and design patterns
- Develop and mentor talent. Conduct performance review and provide effective and actionable development feedback to colleagues and create development plans to further develop our internal talent
- Remain accountable for project planning and execution following an agile/scrum process
- Manage project budget and ensure on time, on budget, and quality delivery of product roadmap commitment to business stakeholders
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or requested
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years of experience designing and building Enterprise-class SaaS products using a variety of technologies, especially development using micro-services architecture and service-oriented development paradigm
- 4+ years of experience leading and managing multiple engineering teams with at least 10+ staff
- Broad technical skills (while hands-on coding is not required, the ability to challenge and critique technical design and conduct code review is required)
- Excellent business acumen and ability to exercise balanced judgment between the technologies, design, and the needs of business
- Proven record designing and solutioning enterprise-level SaaS platforms; comfortable multi-tasking in an agile, fast-paced environment often with multiple priorities; ability to make sound judgment and prioritize tasks at hands are essential
- Demonstrated experience solving complex problems with elegance and simplicity
- Extremely customer focused
- Effective in working a product management team in defining product requirement and building product and technical roadmap
- Excellent communication skills, problem-solving skills, and a driving force in removing roadblock and impediment to get things done
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance COVID-19 Vaccine.
- Master’s degree
- Prior healthcare industry experience
- Ability to work and collaborate within the department and cross-functional within naviHealth to build consensus and be a driving force in “getting things done”
- Effective in work effort estimate and resource planning
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
naviHealth, part of Optum and the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, combines the talents of our dedicated staff and leading-edge technology to deliver compassionate care to seniors nationwide. With millions of lives touched, we are innovating the way health care is delivered from hospital to home so seniors can lead more fulfilling lives. A career with us means making an impact in the lives of those we serve, including vulnerable populations who benefit from care that is more efficient, more effective and more human. Our environment empowers our team members to elevate our interactions with each other and the experiences we deliver to our patients, giving them more days at home. Join our team, it’s your chance to improve the lives of millions while doing your life’s best work.(sm)
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, click here.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Software Engineer, Software Engineering, manager, Brentwood, Tennessee, TN