Software Engineer 2 ( R-00087157 )
The Leidos Intelligence Division is seeking a Software Engineer/Developer with a TS/SCI with polygraph clearance to support a highly visible fast paced prime contract in the Fort Meade, MD area. You will enjoy great benefits such as 4 or more weeks of Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Education and Training Support, Parental Paid Leave, and a sign on bonus.
PROGRAM SUMMARY: Do you enjoy being a part of small teams that work closely with the customer? Does solving Cybersecurity questions pique your interest? Our Prototype Development Support program is looking for candidates with a strong mission focus to do development new innovations and rapid prototyping. Someone who can figure out smarter, better ways to discover new targets or support mission analysis.
Apply Operational Tradecraft to support Cybersecurity Operations on a daily basis. Work closely with mission leads to ingest data collections, develop analytics, provide data enrichments and develop data visualizations. Collaborate closely with other developers and data scientists on the team. Have a desire to grow your skillset and take on new challenges as they arise. Work within an agile DevSecOps development environment.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS/EDUCATION: The candidate must have:
- BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- At least 8 years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline
- At least 5 years of experience in software-intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers.
- At least 3 years of the experience must have been as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or a related discipline may be substituted for four years of general experience. A master's degree is a plus.
- Experience utilizing/developing with Splunk is highly desired
- Cybersecurity background/experience is highly desired
- Experience developing in Python or similar
- Experience utilizing java script/angular or similar
- Scripting (Perl, Bash) experience
- Experience utilizing machine learning techniques
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Experience working with Enterprise Data services
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.