Senior Software Engineer (110308897)
At Optum Technology, our passion for health care and technology empowers us and our partners to tackle real-world health problems. By applying our deep knowledge of an incredibly complex system, we identify and solve tough challenges without adding complexity. We are dedicated to harnessing the pace of innovation and applying our expertise to propel significant breakthroughs in health care technology.
Our team includes more than 30,000 technologists, 580+ distinguished and principal engineers and 2,600 talent development program (TDP) team members. Together, we work worldwide to manage health data for over 362 million consumers and provide health and information services to 1 in 5 Americans. #OPTUMTechnology #OPTUMRX
1. Prepare detail design documents based on HLD. Consult with System Analyst, Subject Master Expert, users to evaluate business requirements, evaluate existing or proposed systems, and prepare detailed technical design document from which programs will be written.
2. Walk-thru the technical design document with SA/SME/QA group and support team.
3. Review the details design & develop or modify the existing batch or online modules programs.
4. Prepare test planning & setup test data. Execute test planning based on project requirements.
5. Perform Coding as per the technical design document
6. Ensuring timely deliveries for all assigned tasks
7. Participation in Design reviews, Test Case reviews, and Production Support readiness reviews for new releases.
8. Support QA, UAT and Release phases of the project via defect analysis, change maintenance, etc.
9. Adhere to all quality requirements.
10. Should be able to work independently.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
1. 4 - 7 years of experience on i-Series/AS400 Synon along with COBOL or RPG technology
2. Should have experience in writing SQL queries.
3. Ability to identify system changes and verify that technical system specifications meet the business requirements
4. Strong problem solving, analytical kills
5. Good communication and presentation skills
6. Good attitude and self-motivated.
7. Adaptable to work in Evening SHIFT (11:30 am - 8.30 pm or 2:30 pm - 12:00 am ).
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.