Mid-Level Software Engineer ( R-00088839 )
The Intelligence Group at Leidos is seeking a Mid Level Virtual Reality /Augmented Reality / Mixed Reality Software Engineer with good understanding of 3D environments. In this position, you will be engaged in a multi-year development project, building 3D applications for HTC VIVE/Oculus and augmented-reality application targeting the Microsoft HoloLens 2.0 headset. Specific skills required include a deep knowledge of building out large-scale environments in Unity Software, in a scalable way. Mixed Reality and Simulation-based applications will give users the ability to practice potentially dangerous and hazardous tasks, in a safe and risk-free virtual environment. The successful candidate is highly motivated to deliver solutions to customers by working collaboratively with Project Managers, Designers and the rest of the engineering team to implement best in class features and help define 3D development architecture.
- Architect, develop, deploy, and maintain features for VR/AR/XR applications
- Building 3D model preparation pipelines to convert CAD models to triangulated meshes
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code.
- Collaborate with teams of developers, participating in regular code reviews.
- Perform integration testing as well as collaborating with other internal teams.
- Communicate with project customers or end users in order to fully understand, plan, and implement feedback and feature requests.
- Stay current on latest features and practices of Unity and other 3D development platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or related field with at least 4-8 years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of professional experience in Unity, Unreal, or other 3D development.
- Experience developing interactive applications for virtual reality and/or mixed reality (e.g. HoloLens/Magic Leap)
- Working knowledge of Python, C++, C#.
- Proficiency with Unity/Unreal packages, systems and workflows (Addressables, URP, DOTS)
- Knowledge of Scrum/Agile development framework.
- Experience working with cloud computing platforms such as AWS.
- Experience with implementing and maintaining unit testing.
- Proficiency with Git or comparable version control system.
- Knowledge of 3D modeling software (Blender, Maya, etc.) and ability to manipulate 3D geometry
- Mentor and act as a role model for junior and intermediate developers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Passion for building and playing in VR
Must possess an active TS/SCI and eligible for CI polyPay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.