Lead Software Engineer - UHC M&R IS - Horsham, PA (110989360)
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
We value innovation and ideation. We value diversity of thought. We value curiosity and eagerness. We value commitment to life-long learning. We value the ability to seek out a cross-discipline of knowledge and skills. We value the ability to communicate critical information up the chain; speak up effectively on critical issues. We value the incorporation of quality principles in everything we do to ensure optimal performance and impact. We value the ability to adjust plans and activities based on changes, quickly assessing options, and deciding on a course of action. We value the ability to consider the customer experience in all aspects of decisions and actions.
- Performs all phases of software engineering including requirements analysis, application design, code development testing and maintenance
- Works very closely with architecture team, delivery teams and DevOps to triage and resolve production defects
- Capitalizes on CI, CD, DevOps tools and best practices to implement agility and quality
- Encourages innovative approaches to defect resolution, avoid technical debt and reduce bad coding footprints
- Is a part of an agile team and participate in all rituals including grooming, sprint planning, demos and retrospectives
- Assumes SME roles for the micro services and perform code reviews, code merges and provide feedback relative to best practices, code quality and improving performance
- Designs reusable components, patterns, frameworks and libraries
- Stays abreast of current and emerging technologies/products/tools/trends related to software development and utilize those findings to influence our application development process
- Infuses a mindset of agility, quality and performance with a focus on value driven deliverables
- Additional responsibilities of documentation, enhancing existing components, defect resolution, and mentoring junior developers
Software engineering is the application of engineering to the design, development, implementation, testing and maintenance of software in a systematic method. The roles in this function will cover all primary development activity across all technology functions that ensure we deliver code with high quality for our applications, products and services and to understand customer needs and to develop product roadmaps.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of solid hands-on experience with Java Enterprise Edition (Java/J2EE) and web technologies
- 3+ years of experience with the Spring frameworks
- 3+ years of experience with automated unit testing technologies (Such as JUnit, Spock, or similar) ,SCA and mock data frameworks
- 2+ years of solid Agile experience (Scrum, Kanban and XP preferred)
- 2+ years of DevOps experience (Solid experience needed in Devops to support Application)CI/CD
- Knowledge of web security, application security, web services security, common vulnerability remediation, certificate management
- Solid knowledge of OO Design Principles, core OOPS, JEE Design patterns as well as their implementation in real world applications
- Service-Oriented Architectures (SOA), RESTful Web Services, microservices experience
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Possesses capability to work on full business and/or technology stack
- Provides guidance, assistance and consultation to others (i.e., SME, mentor)
- Serves as an escalation point for complex issues, problems and solutions
- Leads collaborative efforts to advance customer and business interest
- Has extensive familiarity with many technologies and applies knowledge to drive enterprise direction
- Recommends innovation in digital and channel strategies and engages appropriate parties to influence change
- Researches security trends and emerging threats and incorporates design and build solutions, policies, and procedures
- Has the ability to look for what others can’t see and drive a quality culture by example and encourage quality practices in others
- Translates the mission, vision, values, and strategy into a team plan of goals and means, and then execute the plan at or above standard
- Builds, maintains, and strengthens teams, leading to reliable and consistent high performance
- Works productively and effectively in all directions --up, down, sideways, inside and outside -- to get great things done
- Sources, acquires, onboards, deploys, releases, and develops talent
- Communicates critical information up the chain; speak up effectively on critical issues
- Is on the lookout for in-team innovative opportunities and contribute to the overall initiatives of the enterprise
- Is an exemplar of the mission, values, culture, and philosophy of the enterprise
- Is effective and efficient in use of resources
- Is an early adopter and supporter of changes
- Is open to personal growth and development and inspire others to do the same
- Has line of sight to the settings in which teams exist, foresees opportunities, barriers, and obstacles, appreciates the role of the team in the bigger context
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.