Principal Software Engineer - Telecommute (111049588)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Working with Software: Oracle 12c R1, Java, JBoss, Oracle Exadata
- Working with BI Tools: Tableau Server
- Create scripts to update the XMLs to restore the health benefits of downgraded population due to Covid-19 pandemic
- Provide support to tune the performance of the batch Jobs and on-line transactions
- Analyze and compile data for reporting and dashboards using Tableau 10.x
- In-depth knowledge of Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server
- Develop worksheets using parameters, calculated fields, set, and hierarchies
- Use Tableau Desktop to create interactive reporting dashboards and publish to Tableau Server for analysis and review
- Develop complex calculated fields for the business logic, use sets and parameters to include filtering capabilities for the dashboards and provide drill down features for detailed reports
- Replicate complex business logics and rules and create and successfully deliver ad-hoc reports and dashboards by blending data from various sources like Excel, Oracle, flat files etc.
- Create dashboard Reports/queries for the following functional areas using Tableau:
- MassHealth Renewals
- CCA Renewals
- PMPM (Per Member Per Month) with counts and dollar amounts
- Create reporting queries parsing JSON/XML objects
- Create script for to parse the JSON object with dynamic tags
- Provides support for MA state health care system as Data Analyst/Architect
- Responsible for writing complex PL/SQL scripts to analyze data anomalies and provide data corrections
- Data Architect for the Center of Medicare Services’ (CMS) Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP) implementation, the small business exchange created as part of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- Work with CMS Consultants in providing architecture and design reviews for SHOP Database, and serve as the point person responding to queries from the CMS architecture review board
- Deliver eight times (8x) improvement in the performance of the program that loads Insurance Plans to the SHOP exchange as part of the Plan Management
- Design and implement horizontal scalability of PMS application to further reduce the loading times by running multiple instances of the Publishing Service
- Involved in supporting day to day tuning and designing tasks of Database
- Correct PAS XML data to a new format using complex PL/SQL Scripts
- Write generic PL/SQL script to generate ad-hoc 834 xml to send it issuers
- Develop domain wise data model for FFM-SHOP application
- Helping Junior Data Architects in writing efficient data correction scripts
- Write Data Integrity Quality Assurance script to reconcile data among Financial/Issuers and FFM-SHOP
- Develop PL/SQL script to generate IRS Reporting xml for each enrollment
- Develop multiple complex queries for executive reporting of
- Employer/Employee enrollment
- Plan lifecycle for Issuer Publishing/Enrolled plans of SHOP exchange
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Trained on Oracle Exadata
- Experience with Oracle 12c R1, Java, JBoss
- Experience with BI Tools and/or Tableau Server: a combination of experience with performance tuning, reporting, and dashboards
- Experience with complex PL/SQL scripts
- In-depth knowledge of Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest 8minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $113,500 to $218,100. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $113,500 to $218,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.