Senior Software Engineer - Telecommute (111049363)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
At Optum Technology, our passion for health care and technology empowers us and our partners to tackle real-world health problems. By applying our deep knowledge of an incredibly complex system, we identify and solve tough challenges without adding complexity. We are dedicated to harnessing the pace of innovation and applying our expertise to propel significant breakthroughs in health care technology.
Our team includes more than 30,000 technologists, 580+ distinguished and principal engineers and 2,600 talent development program (TDP) team members. Together, we work worldwide to manage health data for over 362 million consumers and provide health and information services to 1 in 5 Americans. # #optumtechnology #optumrx
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Architect / design and deploy Big Data infrastructure and solutions
- Knowledge of data cleaning, wrangling with an understanding of the best, most efficient use of associated tools and applications to complete these tasks
- Develop innovative approaches and leverage modern data engineering approaches and capabilities
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to plan and estimate solution development
- Identify opportunities for improvement, optimize performance and scalability of existing solutions
- Maintain appropriate documentation of Data, ETL, and Data Analytics architecture, as well as providing oversight
- Troubleshoot production support issues post release deployment and come up with solutions.
- Ability to solve complex production issues
- Proactively automate infrastructure and services to enable a small team to deliver value
- Conduct code review to ensure delivery of high quality standards
- Evaluates quality processes and seeks opportunities to streamline
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or higher in Computer Sciences or related discipline.
- 3+ years of experience with Data engineering with Big Data technologies such as Spark/Scala, Python, Map Reduce, Hive
- 3+ years of experience in RDBMS, SQL
- 2+ years of experience developing solutions hosted within key major cloud providers such as AWS/Azure/GCP
- Experience leading complex, technically challenging, cross-functional software-oriented projects from inception to delivery
- Experience with DevOps, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Delivery
- Experience processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data, including integrating data from multiple sources
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Expertise in performance and scalability optimization
- Understanding of infrastructure as code, specifically CloudFormation and Terraform
- Proven track record of building relationships across cross-functional teams
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together – competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.