Senior Software Engineer - RPA (111675442)
Senior Software Engineer- RPA 2095841
Optum, the fast-growing part of UnitedHealth Group, is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business. Our teams are dedicated to modernizing the health care system and improving the lives of people and communities.
Serving virtually every dimension of the health system, we work with a diverse set of clients across 150 countries – from those who diagnose and treat patients to those who pay for care, deliver health services, and those who supply the cures. Optum maintains operations across North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our innovative partnerships provide technology and tools that enable unprecedented collaboration and efficiency. As a result, we can tap into valuable health care data to uncover insights and develop strategies for better care at lower costs.
Here at Optum, part of United Health Group we'll put you in the driver's seat on vital projects that have strategic importance to our mission of helping people lead healthier lives. Yes, we share a mission that inspires. We need your organizational talents and business discipline to help fuel ours. It's the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
About the Role:
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be supporting the organization through the delivery of automation solutions using existing, new, and emerging technologies to enhance savings, improve productivity, quality and reducing cost. The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for the delivery lifecycle of automated business processes using the suite of RPA tools and other advances automation technologies currently used by Optum. In addition to having impact on a great team, you'll also discover the career opportunities you'd expect from an Industry Leader.
Primary Responsibilities of the Senior Software Engineer:
- Work closely with Optum and UnitedHealth Care business units, Senior Automation Development Manager, Optum Technology and other teams in understanding the functional and technical design for processes identified for automation potential
- Providing architectural input over solution designs to ensure consistency and continuity across the company’s IT infrastructure and delivery teams
- Develop and configure automation processes as per the process requirements document to meet requirements defined by the business
- Develop new processes using core workflow principles that are efficient, well structured, maintainable, and easy to understand
- API Development and front-end development
- Ensure quality of coded components by using best practice
- Able to work with version control and Jira or similar ticketing system
- Comply with and helps enforce design and coding standards, policies, and procedures
- Ensure documentation is well maintained
- Communicate any identified project risks and issues to the delivery/project manager and providing inputs to the change control process
- Support the Operational Teams during the UAT and rollout phases
- Training and mentoring other developers within the team on development and delivery disciplines
- Develop team standards and best practices while keeping up to date with industry standards, and technology changes to help build robust systems to accommodate the industry requirements and business needs
- Investigate new technologies and ensuring an effective partnership with OPTUM’s Innovation Lab and Analytics teams to leverage the expertise in data science, machine learning and cognitive technologies
You will be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role, as well as providing development for other roles you may be interested in.
Required Qualifications of the Senior Software Engineer:
- Proven experience in delivering successful IT/ business software projects
- Strong development experience with one or more modern languages, preferably C# or Java
- Experience with React or Azure
- Cloud experience with public cloud
Preferred Qualifications of the Senior Software Engineer
- Experience in delivering an automated process into production using UIPath
- Previous experience in the insurance industry
- Previous experience with Advanced Intelligent Automation, AI/ machine learning, Natural Language processing (NLP) and Computer Vision
Please note you must currently be eligible to work and remain indefinitely without any restrictions in the country to which you are making an application. Proof will be required to support your application.
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, click here.
All telecommuters will be required to adhere to the UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.