Sr Software Engineer/Atlassian Admin - Telecommute (111675039)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Sr. Software Engineer/Atlassian Administrator will help with the administration of Atlassian Applications, Collaboration Platforms and other Optum Digital enterprise applications. As part of the IT Applications Team, you will report to the Technology Director and work with other Optum Digital Technology, Project and Product Management teams. We recognize that people come from diverse backgrounds and skills and welcome all to apply.
What would excite you if you were a candidate being highly recruited by our competition?
State the specific team/business name, titles of other roles with whom the new hire will interface, size of your team, etc.
a) Being a part of the Applications team, this role requires you to interact with several teams including but not limited to Infrastructure, Networking, Project and Product Management teams.
b) Act as a liaison between Project and Product Management teams, understanding the functional needs and transform into technical solutions.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Perform overall maintenance and administration of Atlassian applications JIRA/Confluence and Slack
- Be a go-to person for any JIRA/Confluence related issues and partner with teams to implement solutions consistent with industry standards
- Provide deep technical analysis of integrations between cloud applications across the enterprise
- Perform management and administration of Optum Digital enterprise collaboration tools
- Work as the escalation point between several support teams on issues that pertain to SaaS applications
- Be available for on-call support as part of a rotation schedule
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years administering Atlassian Suite Applications, Slack
- Experience supporting Atlassian tools in an AWS environment
- Experience performing Atlassian Installation, upgrades and migrations
- Proficiency with system administration (Linux)
- Understand basic database administration, and competency in writing SQL queries
- Proficiency with at least one scripting language (Python, Node.js, Groovy)
- Competencies with developing technical specifications, risk management evaluation, and instituting systems and acceptance testing criteria for QA and development environments
- Atlassian Jira and Confluence, Slack, Linux operating system
- Understanding of AWS products EC2’s, Load Balancers, Storage solutions, DNS etc.
- Working knowledge on any of the programming languages Shell, Python, Groovy, node.js
- Atlassian Jira Administration Certified
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.