Lead Software Engineer - Telecommute (111617531)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Software engineering is the application of engineering to the design, development, implementation, testing and maintenance of software in a systematic method. The roles in this function will cover all primary development activity across all technology functions that ensure we deliver code with high quality for our applications, products, and services and to understand customer needs and to develop product roadmaps.
These roles include, but are not limited to analysis, design, coding, engineering, testing, debugging, standards, methods, tools analysis, documentation, research and development, maintenance, new development, operations, and delivery. With every role in the company, each position has a requirement for building quality into every output. This also includes evaluating new tools, new techniques, strategies; Automation of common tasks; build of common utilities to drive organizational efficiency with a passion around technology and solutions and influence of thought and leadership on future capabilities and opportunities to apply technology in new and innovative ways.
The Lead Software Engineer will design, develop, and maintain windows, web and web services-based business software applications, systems, components, and database objects using Microsoft .NET technologies based on requirements and specifications. Subscribes to principles of the LeSS agile framework when leading technical execution.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Overall development life cycle of the solution and manage complex projects
- Leading the development team in the design, development, coding, testing, deployment, and debugging of applications
- Work with product managers in developing a strategy and road map to provide compelling capabilities for them that helps them succeed in their business goals
- Work closely with lead engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules
- Project management - prioritization, planning of projects and features, stakeholder management and tracking of external commitments
- Translate business requirements into technical solutions, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
- Operational Excellence - build, deploy, monitor, and operation of production services
- Career management and development of direct reports including other supervisors
- Reviews the work of others
- Develops innovative approaches
- Sought out as expert
- Serves as a leader/ mentor
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Computer Engineering or related field or 7+ years relevant experience will be considered in leu of degree
- 5+ years of experience in full lifecycle of software development projects in an agile environment
- Experience with MS SQL, PostgreSQL, or other similar relational database management system
- Experience with .NET Core or similar object-oriented programming language
- Experience with application containerization, deployment, and orchestration across environments
- Experience with CI/CD and test automation
- Experience building cloud-native applications in Azure or similar cloud service provider
- Technical expertise in building web applications and RESTful web services
- As a requirement of UnitedHealth Group's contract with the Department of Defense, this position requires U.S. citizenship and proof of favorable adjudication following submission of Department of Defense eQuip Form SF86 (PDF), (the National Agency Check Legal and Credit or NACLC). Successful completion of the NACLC process is a requirement for continued employment in this role.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Knowledge of Encryption, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), understanding of OWASP
- Basic understanding and ability to troubleshoot applications running within Kubernetes
- Basic understanding of cloud infrastructure and automated provisioning & configuration management
- Basic understanding of networking and internet protocols
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.