Senior Software Engineer - Eden Prairie, MN or Telecommute (111617050)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Software engineering is the application of engineering to the design, development, implementation, testing and maintenance of software in a systematic method. The roles in this function will cover all primary development activity across all technology functions that ensure we deliver code with high quality for our applications, products, and services and to understand customer needs and to develop product roadmaps.
These roles include, but are not limited to analysis, design, coding, engineering, testing, debugging, standards, methods, tools analysis, documentation, research and development, maintenance, new development, operations, and delivery. With every role in the company, each position has a requirement for building quality into every output. This also includes evaluating new tools, new techniques, strategies; Automation of common tasks; build of common utilities to drive organizational efficiency with a passion around technology and solutions and influence of thought and leadership on future capabilities and opportunities to apply technology in new and innovative ways.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Adherence to coding standards
- Review of requirements and / or systems analysis documents for completeness
- Creation / involvement in documented designs following agreed to design patterns and standards
- Perform Coding and unit testing independently and assist/mentor his team members whenever required
- Communicate effectively with other engineers / QE and onshore team
- Working with the Deployment Lead, peer developers to complete various project deployment activities
- Adhere to proper use of source control
- Ensuring delivery of technical artifacts for each project
- Mentoring developers on technology and application knowledge as needed
- Identify opportunities to fine-tune and optimize applications
- Comply with the terms and conditions of the employment contract, company policies and procedures, and any and all directives (such as, but not limited to, transfer and/or re-assignment to different work locations, change in teams and / or work shifts, policies in regards to flexibility of work benefits and / or work environment, alternative work arrangements, and other decisions that may arise due to the changing business environment). The Company may adopt, vary, or rescind these policies and directives in its absolute discretion and without any limitation (implied or otherwise) on its ability to do so
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in Java, J2EE technologies
- 4.5+ years of experiences in full stack development
- Hands-on with SQL queries and MySQL experience
- Proficient in using Spring Core, Spring JDBC, Rest Web services & MySQL DB
- Proficient in use of application servers preferably Jboss
- Microsoft Azure Certifications
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Experience Azure Event Grid or Kafka
- Experience with one or more automated testing tools – e.g., Cucumber, Protractor/Selenium
- Experience working with NestJS or Azure Functions
- Experience working with CSS
- Experience working with the CI / CD and DevOps goal / initiatives
- Experience in Web services- Restful
- Experience performing assigned software development tasks using established standards and procedures without any supervision
- Splunk experience
- Solid Java programming (JDK1.8) experience
- Unit Testing experience in JUnit/TestNG/Spock
- Hands on with Core Java/ J2ee (Spring, Hibernate, MVC)
- Hands-on with any of the IDE (IntelliJ/Eclipse/RAD etc.)
- Hands-on with Rest based web services
- Ability to meet scheduled task requirements within assigned deadlines
- Ability to work with others in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively
- Solid understanding of functional programming concepts
- Hands-on with any RDBMS
- Thorough understanding of Object-Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD) concepts
- Azure experience
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possess sound knowledge of SDLC processes
- Solid technical skills including solid understanding of software development methodologies and principles
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.