Sr. Software Engineer - Eden Prairie, MN (111765173)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The health solutions marketplace is hungry for new ideas, innovative products and software that drives elevated performance for the business and the customer. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is feeding incredible solutions to that marketplace every day by bringing out the best in our software engineering teams. We serve customers across the health system. Not only do we have more of them every day, we also have more technology, greater data resources and far broader expertise than any competitor anywhere. We're out to change the way our businesses and consumers engage with technology. If you're in, you'll be challenged like never before. It's time to join this history making.
Optum Store (https://store.optum.com) is part of Optum’s new Direct-to-Consumer group which sits at the intersection of health care and retail, curating product offerings through a virtual marketplace that provides consumers with more affordable access to care. To build those products, we are looking for a strong engineer who embodies our team values of Always be shipping, Outcome Obsession, Constant Vigilance (against threats and downtime), Simplification (of our technology landscape), and Software as a Team Sport. In this role, you will interact with multiple stakeholders and deal with significant complexity and ambiguity.
As a senior software engineer your role will be to implement the technology strategy for Optum Store delivery teams. You will design and code solutions to meet program needs. Those solutions should adhere to best practices around reusability, security, and decoupled component design. You will, translate product concepts into project commitments that deliver incremental value to our customers frequently and with high quality. You will partner with delivery teams outside the direct-to-consumer org to uphold and negotiate common standards. In addition to your technical responsibilities, you will partner with business delivery leadership to conceptualize solutions that meet their complex needs. Your outcomes will be a primary contributor to achieving Optum Store’s long-term strategic goals.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and continuously improve software
- Translate product concepts into project commitments that deliver incremental value to our customers frequently and with high quality
- Willingness and ability to quickly learn new platforms, languages, and tools
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 1+ years of experience working with CI/CD tools
- Demonstrated experience using engineering fundamentals: unit testing, code reviews, telemetry, agile and DevOps
- Demonstrated experience using REST API development, IaC, public / private cloud, application observability and/or messaging / stream architecture
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 1+ years of experience with React
- Experience working in public cloud environments GCP, Azure, AWS, serverless architecture or containerization
- Experience implementing large-scale/high performance componentized web applications across multiple technology domains
- Experience in the health care industry
- Understanding of distributed architecture design principles
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.